Morecambe & Wise Page 5

The Morecambe & Wise Show. Image shows from L to R: Eric Morecambe, Ernie Wise. Copyright: BBC.

The Morecambe & Wise Show

Long-running and hugely popular sketch series starring comedy legends Eric Morecambe and Ernie Wise, plus a string of top-name celebrity guests

Shandonbelle

• Saturday 25th June 2011, 10:22pm [Edited]
  • England
  • 6,571 posts
Quote: Aaron @ June 25 2011, 10:13 PM BST

Nope, got them dancing. Much better!

Can't Top Hat.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 25 2011, 10:16 PM BST

I remember when everyone couldn't wait for Morecambe & Wises new screensaver each year, we'd all sit around on Christmas day & download it together after the queens speech. Appy days

:D

Ben

• Saturday 2nd July 2011, 6:05pm
  • England
  • 18,350 posts

I'm a casual M&W fan and wondered if I should just stick to a 'best of' DVD or invest in some individual series.

Aaron

• Saturday 2nd July 2011, 6:47pm
  • Royal Berkshire, England
  • 68,428 posts

You don't really get the full magic of the variety of the shows from the best of collections, I don't think. I'd always recommend a complete box set, but I suppose you can't go far wrong with the Christmas collection. Maybe a best of to make sure you've got those really seminal sketches too.

zooo

• Saturday 2nd July 2011, 7:21pm
  • United Kingdom
  • 69,189 posts
Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 25 2011, 10:16 PM BST

I remember when everyone couldn't wait for Morecambe & Wise's new screensaver each year, we'd all sit around on Christmas Day & download it together after the Queen's speech. Appy days

Laughing out loud

Chappers

• Saturday 28th December 2019, 4:04pm [Edited]
  • Surreyish., England
  • 30,639 posts

Interesting to watch those old forgotten episodes over Christmas from the late 60s. I suspect one of them hadn't been shown because of the IRA sketch with Ronnie Carroll. At the time of broadcast I suspect they were just a historic nonentity but subsequently of course they became murderous terrorists. The IRA that is - not M & W.