People who quote films/sketches are pitiful Page 3

Laughing out loud

Personally, as long as they can do the voice, I don't mind.
Also, it has to have something to do with what's going on.

Actually, I saw a stand up comedian who based his entire act around impersonating Simpson's characters. I was disgusted. Also his Apu was crap.

Someone I worked with had a name for people like that. Repeater Kays. I liked that. :)

I bloody love finding ways to work comedy quotes into conversations, and I don't care if that does make me a massive geek. I'm geek and I'm proud.

...I'm just waiting for the day I can work "Years later I got friendly with a hypnotherapist, Donald" into a conversation.

I agree with Mr Dude. Quality humour comes naturally out of the situation. You know why I don't like Blackadder, it's cos every bleedin' episode got quoted next day. Sheesh.

Quote: Die Hard @ January 6 2011, 12:30 AM GMT

I bloody love finding ways to work comedy quotes into conversations, and I don't care if that does make me a massive geek. I'm geek and I'm proud.

Someone did once really asked me if I'd sent a clause and it was a lifetime opportunity just too good to miss.

If you can pass some great one-liners off as your own all well and good.
We had a panic with certain women in the office over the appearance of a big spider a few months ago. As none of them had ever seen a Woody Allen film I got away with a fair bit.

Did they know what a Buick was though?

I quoted something last night, but can't remember what it was. I AM fairly pitiful though.

Quote: zooo @ January 17 2011, 3:43 PM GMT

Did they know what a Buick was though?

:) Only just.

Neither did they have a copy of the National Review but the Daily Mail did the trick.

Regarding 'Python Bores"; imagine what it must be like for Cleese, Idle, Palin and the rest today, who must still be pestered continually by inebriated, drunken geeks at dinner parties, who recite forty-year-old Python sketches ad-nauseum to them [probably poorly-remembered and innaccurate, before collapsing into an embarassing fit of forced laughter]: is it any wonder why some celebs act so guarded and distant towards the masses?

I'll bet that Cleese and Idle especially will be so appallingly bored by this atrocious side of human activity, they will strike out at these fools with a well-prepared put-down in response: the Python Bores will laugh manically at the retorts, but only after Cleese or Idle have departed, will the true meaning of their subtle but cutting put-downs eventually hit these idiots: soberly, and hard-hittingly.

Quote: Rico El Vista @ January 17 2011, 5:41 PM GMT

I'll bet that Cleese and Idle especially will be so appallingly bored by this atrocious side of human activity, they will strike out at these fools with a well-prepared put-down in response: the Python Bores will laugh manically at the retorts, but only after Cleese or Idle have departed, will the true meaning of their subtle but cutting put-downs eventually hit these idiots: soberly, and hard-hittingly.

Considering some of the shit Cleese and Idle have appeared in since their Python heyday, they deserve to be harangued by bores at dinner parties.

If I met Cleese I think I'd be quoting his "zip" line from the AA commercials. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Cringe all you want, MrIntelligent2 Dude, I shall continue to quote lines from The Big Lebowski, Withnail & I and Curb Your Enthusiasm until the cows come home...

The Dude abides
Here hare here
Pretty pret-tay pri-tay good

Quote: Rico El Vista @ January 17 2011, 5:41 PM GMT

Regarding 'Python Bores"; imagine what it must be like for Cleese, Idle, Palin and the rest today, who must still be pestered continually by inebriated, drunken geeks at dinner parties, who recite forty-year-old Python sketches ad-nauseum to them ...

I doubt their dinner parties would be like that.

Hopefully they're more like the 'Most Awful Family in Britain', Kenneth!