That Friday Quiz Page 136

12. Apple Bobbing.

I could make a spurious and lewd comment. But I won't.

20. Jimmy Carr (nobody likes him!)

Friday Quiz October 31st 2014
1. Who won a prize for playing dead this week? Young Fathers - won the Mercury Music Prize for their album 'Dead'
2. Name the two football managers Louis Van Gaal & Manuel Pellegrini
3. Celebrated in central Europe in April, which night of the year is renowned for witches meeting? Walpurgis Night (30th April)
4. Name the famous horror novel from its cover. Dracula

5. Who is this?. One Direction's Niall Horan
6. Name the children's book Room on the Broom
7. In which European country would you traditionally eat this on Halloween ? Ireland (It's barnbrack)
8. Who is this? Noel Edmonds
9. Name the film. Corpse Bride

10. And another book to name. Silence of the Lambs
11. The Simpsons has an annual tradition of Halloween episodes in which there are three separate, self-contained pieces. By which title are these episodes known? Tree House of Horror
12. Which famous halloween party game originated from a custom to establish who would get married first? Bobbing for apples
13. And a third horror book-cover. The Shining
14. Name the film Creepshow
15. Name the film The Wicker Man
16. Name the character and the actor. Dr Phibes - Vincent Price
17. Name the film Shaun of the Dead

18. At six o'clock tonight, a scary Halloween spider starts walking at a constant rate from the *hour* hand anticlockwise around the rim of the ancient grandfather clock face. When it reaches the minute hand it turns around and walks in the opposite direction at the same rate. It reaches the minute hand again after 20 minutes. At what time is this second meeting? 6:26pm (full workings below)

19. What links these pictures: All played Dracula (Jonathan Rhys Evans; Louis Jourdan; Frank Langella; Gary Oldman; Klaus Kinski)

20. Something about womens tits

21. Unscramble the two 2 connected words : B E E F I I M N O R R S T FIRE & BRIMSTONE

Maths: First, we set up the equation for the time (t) that the spider meets the minute hand the first time. The minute hand moves at 6 degrees per minute, and the spider moves at x degrees per minute. Since the spider starts at the 6 or at 180 degrees away from the minute hand,

6(t) = 180 - x(t)

Now if we say that the spider and minute hand are at the same spot, and start moving in the same direction, and the spider laps the minute hand (360 degrees plus the distance traveled by the minute hand, or 360 + 6(20) or 480 total degrees) then the distance traveled by the spider in 20 minutes must be 480 degrees. The spider, therefore, travels 24 degrees per minute.

Plug 24 degrees per minute into the equation for x, and solve:

6(t) = 180 -24(t)
6(t) + 24(t) = 180
30(t) = 180
t = 6

So the first meeting is at 6 minutes after 6, or 6:06. 20 minutes later at the second meeting is 6:26.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 28th November 2014, 7:49 AM GMT

Have we got Victoria Coren's tits this week Steve.

I've worked out no 19 already
So it must be easy this sorry that week

5. Willy Wonka

8. Jethro Tull

16. Rocky Horror Picture Show

19. ... in a church.

Yeah that's what I thought
Nave, Alter?, Isle, Font
Nt sure what picture 3 represents though

Pic 4 is 'quire'.

20. Jekyll & Hyde

7. Hinge

3 Crawley

13 Clash of the Titans

14 The furthest outer points west, north, east and south in Greater London.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 5th December 2014, 7:39 PM GMT

14 The furthest outer points west, north, east and south in Greater London.

Ah yes
I think Johnny Vegas Monkey is correct
I like that question

I haven't checked the answers, I won't open them until I stick the next quiz up
I must see how many we're behind, maybe catch up soonish.

I know 12 as well but I'll leave it for now

10. Prometheus.

17. Rip van Winkle.