That Friday Quiz Page 129

I didn't realise there was rules.......... Teary

Can't help if I'm cleverer and well readed........ Angelic

16. Belgium.

5. Mike Gatting

15. The Speaker of the House of Representatives

Errr, don't think it is but No. 13 John Osborne?

19.Potato dishes

4. Katherine Hamnett

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ 31st October 2014, 11:01 AM GMT

4. Katharine Hamnett

19. Potato

I'm not criticising your answer Dolly, ;) as it is probably right, just curious, so please bear with me.

I'm intrigued now or totally confused :S (probably the latter); from what I can see we have a Chocolate Cake, Mrs Bun the Baker's wife from Happy Families
Alan Alda/Hawkeye from Mash and Mr.Chips from Catchphrase - so last two potato linked, but the first two? :S

I thought if I typed this out summat would pop up and smack me in the head, but no.......... >_<

Now where is that Alzheimer's site.............

One may be a book jacket?
The other baked?

Ahhhh! See it is all there if you look for it, and I thought Only Connect's clues were tenuous. Laughing out loud

Must go and lie down now.......... :(

Fondant

Quote: JohnnyD @ 2nd November 2014, 11:41 AM GMT

Fondant

We doin' "afties" now, or is this an insect you're keen on?

At the risk of tipping Herc over the edge, aren't baked and jacket the same thing?

Errr

I'm OK now OR having had a nap and taken a pill, and thank you for your concern over my mental state :S , and yes, they are the same thing but I think count as two separate entities. :)

Peace and Love.........peace and love.......... >_<

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st November 2014, 10:52 AM GMT

Errr, don't think it is but No. 13 John Osborne?

I think it's Joe Orton.

I think you are right - doesn't have the heavy eyelids of Osborne, which is why I..............you know, on reflection I don't know why I suggested it in the first place. Laughing out loud