What are you listening to now? Page 884

Beck - Devils Haircut

Aw, Beck.
What is he up to I wonder?

Quote: zooo @ April 21 2012, 11:50 PM BST

Aw, Beck.

I like to think he's playing frisbee with that dog from the cover of Odelay, but I doubt he is.

Quote: Ben @ April 22 2012, 1:21 PM BST

I like to think he's playing frisbee with that dog from the cover of Odelay, but I doubt he is.

Definitely is.

Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata

Prince and the Revolution - Paisley Park

Rather liking Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds- Dream On at the moment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LTE643xseo

Alabama Shakes - Hold On

The Go! Team - Ladyflash

Rough Mix: Pete Townhend's solo album with Ronnie Lane.

The recent Simple Minds 'X5' box set. A lot.

Before the stadiums and before that God awful American teen movie, they were a force to be reckoned with. Their third album 'Empires & Dance' is a stunning piece of work. Also a huge fan of 'Reel To Reel Cacophony' and 'Sons & Fascination' too.

Quote: The Cool Mikado @ April 21 2012, 11:24 PM BST

Beck - Devils Haircut

Quote: The Cool Mikado @ April 24 2012, 12:36 AM BST

The Go! Team - Ladyflash

Tune, and indeed tune.

Nil Putters
Oh, there's also Nirvana's Where Did You Sleep Last Night? Orignally by Leadbelly.

Damnit Nil, why did you have to mention this song? Cannot stop singing it, like my singing voice isn't atrocious enough without emulating the screechy Cobain bits :)

Edit: Dunno why 'quote' didn't work

Quote: zooo @ April 21 2012, 11:50 PM BST

Aw, Beck.

When did you last hear of him? He's been steadily releasing music for years, but none of his albums have gained as much mainstream attention as 'Odelay'. He's 40 now, but still looks about 25.

Well the last album of his I bought was probably Sea Change (which I have just seen was 2002).
I was mainly into his album before that, Midnite Vultures, which was excellent.
So I guess I haven't really heard anything from him in about 10 years. *feels very old*

DJ Shadow - Backstage Girl