What are you listening to now? Page 1,490

Desert Island Discs is shit. I'm sure that if I was stranded on an Island - no food, no shelter, no hope - the first thing I'd look for would be a f**king I-Pod.

I like it.

Quote: psmith @ 26th April 2022, 8:36 PM

I like it.

That was Gerry & the Pacemakers wasn't it?

Jim Croce

I'd never really heard of him but someone posted the song " I'll have to say I love you in a song" on Facebook , I had a listen and being a Gordon Lightfoot fan I thought the song was very nice and a bit Lightfooty

When I looked him up I learnt that he'd died far too young in a plane crash but also that he'd written the song "Bad Bad Leroy Brown" which I'd always assumed to be some standard song from the forties or fifties

And he'd also written the beautiful song Time in a Bottle which I've always loved but never known who actually wrote it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO1rMeYnOmM

His other songs are pretty good as well by the way

Single loudest lead guitarist I've ever heard live.
I think he was compensating for the fact that he looked like an estate agent.

Wilco just announced a new album called Cruel Country that'll be out in May. Not sure if all 21 songs (it's a double album) will be straight-up country, but the first single is.

Quote: lofthouse @ 26th April 2022, 8:21 PM

That album has been getting a lot of spins on my turntable since it arrived unexpectedly at my door a couple of weeks ago. I'd forgotten that I had preordered it months ago.

I said to Paul McCartney, I really like the second song on Abbey Road. He said, That would be Something. It really would be Something. That would be Something.

The John Cooper Clarke is sensational - I just googled the poem to savour the words. He was presumably locked up at some time?

Quote: beaky @ 2nd May 2022, 8:09 AM

The John Cooper Clarke is sensational - I just googled the poem to savour the words. He was presumably locked up at some time?

Love the bloke.

Quote: beaky @ 2nd May 2022, 8:09 AM

I believe he was yeah

I'm not really a fan of his poetry, but that is one of my favourite songs of all time

Who else could crowbar "Ernest Borgnine" into a song?!

Will be getting his autobiography soon - supposed to be good