What are you listening to now? Page 1,451

The greatest phenomenon in pop history, never to be repeated, and I lived through it thank heavens as a teenager!!
And this is the one that epitomises that fab era for me....................

Having a Nick Lowe blitz this afternoon.

Albums Nick the knife, Labour of Lust and now Jesus of Cool.

This was a great song but a little in bad taste - but obviously not for the doggie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_-Gxl1iSL4

The Beatles - Help!

The album

Apparently,according to the youtube comments this is how John intended it,a slow ballad.

I prefer the original myself.

Quote: john tregorran @ 17th March 2021, 9:14 PM

Apparently,according to the youtube comments this is how John intended it,a slow ballad.

I prefer the original myself.

I even prefer the Bananarama version to that!

:)
I wonder if the Spice Girls have done it ?

Not forgetting the genius of Peter Sellers.........................."The church Beatle will pass amongst you - no foreign coins please" Laughing out loud

He did A Hard Day's Night too didn't he?
I don't find them amusing myself.
Not as good as this :

Quote: john tregorran @ 17th March 2021, 11:18 PM

He did A Hard Day's Night too didn't he?
I don't find them amusing myself.
Not as good as this :

Oh no, I love them! And yes, he also did "She Loves You" with two Nazi officers (Sellers doing his perfect mock German accents - hilarious!) speaking the words - I have the CD with all those tracks on.

I think they are very clever and hysterical, and yes, I have the Best of Sellers album you feature. Balham is again very clever and funny, with Sellers doing all the voices.

"With one bound, he was by her side.............." Laughing out loud

"The El Morocco tea-rooms" Laughing out loud

"Honey's off dear" Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

Quote: john tregorran @ 17th March 2021, 9:21 PM

:)
I wonder if the Spice Girls have done it ?

Here Is perhaps the biggest pile of total and utter shit I have read in my entire life: https://spicegirls.fandom.com/wiki/Similarities_between_The_Beatles_and_The_Spice_Girls The funniest bit is where they say both John and Victoria's solo careers were cut short by tragedy: John by murder, Victoria by her first album.
I also think Pink Floyd are similar to One Direction. They both have two names in their name, they both eat foods and they both bore the shit out of me.

As you say, an utter load of shit.

"Here's a list of reasons and similarities (Really? You f**kwit) between 2 of my absolute favourite bands, The Beatles and The Spice Girls.

I know I'm not the first to notice (Yes you are you c**t) that these two musical acts have a few things in common, but I bet the similarities go deeper than you think."

Trouble is there doesn't seem to be anyway of telling them what a f**king twat they are.

And let's not forget they both start with The and end in s.
The other bit that made me laugh was when they say the Spice film was similar to the Beatles'. That may be because it was patently, obviously, self-confessedly based on it. It's like saying a Sex Pistols tribute act plays Sex Pistols songs by the Sex Pistols in the style of the Sex Pistols. More, please.

Ringo was better looking than all four of them too

Phwoar.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 18th March 2021, 8:13 AM

Here Is perhaps the biggest pile of total and utter shit I have read in my entire life: https://spicegirls.fandom.com/wiki/Similarities_between_The_Beatles_and_The_Spice_Girls The funniest bit is where they say both John and Victoria's solo careers were cut short by tragedy: John by murder, Victoria by her first album.
I also think Pink Floyd are similar to One Direction. They both have two names in their name, they both eat foods and they both bore the shit out of me.

Very brave of you to admit that you find Pink Floyd boring
I've had lots of pub arguments about them,it's a shame you were never there to back me up :)

LedZep never looked as good :