What are you listening to now? Page 1,449

Listening to the Fab Three and Ringo.

Got this album in vinyl, and it's very good, so there. :P

Ringo's first two 'proper' albums (Ringo, Goodnight Vienna) are very good, but it's largely because of the outside talent. Ringo's Rotogravure copied the formula but less successfully, but then Ringo the 4th was a disaster and Bad Boy didn't help. I know a guy who has pretty much everything including some late 70s Ringo demos where he was so pissed he could hardly play and this, plus poor sales, led to his being dropped despite the Betles myth. There have been some gems though, like Postcards From Paradise.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 8th March 2021, 11:24 AM

Ringo's first two 'proper' albums (Ringo, Goodnight Vienna) are very good, but it's largely because of the outside talent. Poor sales, led to his being dropped despite the Betles myth.

Betles?

Ringo is rubbish isn't he ?

He said he was possessed on that track.
I always had a soft spot for Stop and Smell the Roses, but again, hardly a solo effort.

You know the famous "I've got blisters on my fingers" I always thought it was John but some appear to think it was Ringo wot said it.

Now for something completely different.

Quote: john tregorran @ 11th March 2021, 5:27 AM

You know the famous "I've got blisters on my fingers" I always thought it was John but some appear to think it was Ringo wot said it.

Ditto, but still think it's John

Another great 60s instrumental band from the 60s

Quote: john tregorran @ 11th March 2021, 5:27 AM

You know the famous "I've got blisters on my fingers" I always thought it was John but some appear to think it was Ringo

It's generally agreed it's Ringo.
I have the same problem.
Currently reading https://www.ibs.it/libro-piu-bianco-dei-beatles-ebook-franco-zanetti/e/9788809801691 - I'm enjoying it but it's for obsessives only. Who speak Italian.

I did learn Latin a long time ago but I'm not getting anything from the Descrizione

I forgot all my Latin when I was non compos mentis.
It's a track by track account of EVERY song they did, from John and Paul leaving a tape on as they played truant and jammed, to the majesty of Let It Be. As I said, it's for anoracks and virgins. Cool.

Only ever heard Let it Be on the album and didn't know until recently that the single is different.No guitar bit.Not as good IMO

I first knew the single cos my parents had 1967 to 1970 on blue vinyl. I remember thinking that when they die, it won't be all bad cos I could have that album. In the words of my exes, Look for the rainbow in every storm.
On to more important issues, I prefer the album version too.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 12th March 2021, 6:35 PM

I first knew the single cos my parents had 1967 to 1970 on blue vinyl. I remember thinking that when they die, it won't be all bad cos I could have that album. In the words of my exes, Look for the rainbow in every storm.
On to more important issues, I prefer the album version too.

Which album version?