What are you listening to now? Page 1,443

To prevent her husband from killing her in the morning she had to tell him something so interesting that he was prepared to wait to the next day to hear the rest of the story.A cliff hanger to stop you from being thrown off a cliff.

Today's interesting fact about popular music
When the Beatles played Shea Stadium, Paul had 20,000 hysterical girls scream his name. That's more than me.

Quote: john tregorran @ 4th February 2021, 9:31 PM

To prevent her husband from killing her in the morning she had to tell him something so interesting that he was prepared to wait to the next day to hear the rest of the story.A cliff hanger to stop you from being thrown off a cliff.

You want culture do yer mate. Well 'eres a bit a Khachaturian, wiv Guitar God Dave Edmunds givin' it large, knocking six bells out of "Sabre Dance". HELL, this is f**king good

"I've got blisters on my fingers!"

Yes.I've seen Dave play in the pubs in Cardiff before Love Sculpture.Not that one though,it was mostly Chuck Berry in those days.We had some good local bands,Budgie was another.

Quote: john tregorran @ 6th February 2021, 4:53 AM

Yes.I've seen Dave play in the pubs in Cardiff before Love Sculpture.

I'm envious

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 11th January 2021, 12:12 AM

We had some fabulous British guitar bands in the early/mid 60s, a genre that faded somewhat, which is a shame. Thank heavens I kept all my 45s!

I think I'll stick one up on here occasionally. :) Let other people remember or hear what they were missing.

Not a guitar band, but certainly worth a mench, with the bubbly Cherry Wainer on keyboard. (You may notice the synch is out)

OR you may remember the Maynards Wine Gums advert from over 30 years later

I really can't recommend this enough. Huey Morgan on BBC Radio 6 Music.

It's a really eclectic (!) blend of all sorts of interesting music with the occasional thing you'd know thrown in.

Thanks.I'll try and fit him in. (ooh err missus)

Re-visiting Is This Desire . P J Harvey

One of the best covers ever

Quote: lofthouse @ 6th February 2021, 10:17 PM

One of the best covers ever

Hardly a cover when you consider the number of versions there are and does anyone know who wrote it? Probably Trad as he seemed to write quite a lot of stuff.

Keep it authentic please (London Irish). Best Live band ever, Kirsty Maccoll entered from inside an oversized fridge to bellows of dry ice. The whole band came on with pints of milk, bar Shane MacGowan.

Quote: Firkin @ 7th February 2021, 5:24 PM

Keep it authentic please (London Irish). Best Live band ever, Kirsty Maccoll entered from inside an oversized fridge to bellows of dry ice. The whole band came on with pints of milk, bar Shane MacGowan.

I know the song well but that's the first time I've seen the video. Weird and quite disturbing.

That was a very creepy video,nice song though.

A Canned Heat compilation.

I think that Blues is/are my favourite musical genre. I can listen to it and love it at any time.