What are you listening to now? Page 1,352

Quote: john tregorran @ 1st February 2020, 12:14 AM

Goodo.I don't like TFF at all but I put up with them.Her young girl heart throb was David Essex so it could be worse.

Ah, but David Essex has two bona fide classics to his name. "Rock On" is a masterpiece, incredibly bold and innovative for its time. "That'll Be The Day" was a movie I loved at the time as well.

(Argumentative, moi?) :)

I think we can agree on this one:

PJ Harvey - Dress - Live (V Festival 2003)

Yes.I remember her first appearance on the Peel show.He was almost speechless with excitement afterwards :)

I think David's cheeky grin was the attraction as was that of Bon Scott apparently.

There are a few LP's we both like eg: Hounds of Love by Kate Bush

Do you have someone to share your music with ?

The opening of "Vremia" (Time) daily news programme for many years in this clip. Fascinating rhythmic piece named "Vremia Vpered!" - Time (is, goes) ahead (forward), I'd translate it as Time Fly!

in full here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn4qjTVT4j8

Quote: john tregorran @ 1st February 2020, 4:19 AM

Do you have someone to share your music with ?

Yes. Fortunately, as I'm such a dictator, we're pretty compatible. Our only disagreements are over Joni Mitchell and Half Man Half Biscuit. I'll let you work out where I stand.

It causes trouble over Bridgwater :)
You are a biscuit man for sure.

"Voice in the Rose" by Amor de Días, I heard it on FIP radio first

Quote: john tregorran @ 2nd February 2020, 12:38 AM

R.I.P. Andy

I bought "Damaged Goods" at the time, and also "I Love a Man in a Uniform" and their second album, and still have them. I played my copy of"I Love a Man in a Uniform" last night. I saw them live too in the early 80s. Have assorted other cds by them I bought later.

They were great too when they made a comeback and appeared on "Later" in 2010, and blew all the other acts off the stage (TV studio).

Quote: George Kaplan @ 1st February 2020, 12:53 AM

Ah, but David Essex has two bona fide classics to his name. "Rock On" is a masterpiece, incredibly bold and innovative for its time. "That'll Be The Day" was a movie I loved at the time as well.

I bought Rock On when it cam out because as you say it was innovative and had a great sound. He was another one like Bolan, Bowie, Alvin and Gary Glitter who were around in the 60s but reinvented themselves to become massive stars in the 70s.

Thanks,George I hadn't seen that later video
When I first heard them,I thought they sounded like Feelgood with Wilko,which was a good thing,of course.

Quote: john tregorran @ 2nd February 2020, 9:40 PM

Thanks,George I hadn't seen that later video
When I first heard them,I thought they sounded like Feelgood with Wilko,which was a good thing,of course.

Spot on!

Seeing Wilko and Dr Feelgood was a real lightbulb moment," he told The Skinny in 2015.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51344348

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd February 2020, 9:37 PM

I bought Rock On when it cam out because as you say it was innovative and had a great sound. He was another one like Bolan, Bowie, Alvin and Gary Glitter who were around in the 60s but reinvented themselves to become massive stars in the 70s.

Knew that about Bolan, Bowie, Alvin and Gary Glitter, but not about Mr. Essex.

Regina Spektor - "Don't Leave Me (Ne Me Quitte Pas)"

Pink Floyd's "Meddle" on vinyl with some nice beers and incense. It's almost 1977 again.

The Grid - Rollercoaster

The Grid - Swamp Thing