What are you listening to now? Page 1,287

And You and I from Yessongs as I sit and relax after trying to do some unpacking.

Quote: Chappers @ 31st October 2017, 9:15 PM

And You and I from Yessongs as I sit and relax after trying to do some unpacking.

Among my favourite live albums, Yessongs is sublime.

Quote: When In Rome @ 1st November 2017, 7:29 PM

Among my favourite live albums, Yessongs is sublime.

Have you seen ARW or Yes recently? I'm dismayed at the split especially as the 50th anniversary is coming up next year.

Quote: Chappers @ 1st November 2017, 11:04 PM

Have you seen ARW or Yes recently? I'm dismayed at the split especially as the 50th anniversary is coming up next year.

Sadly no. I really want Yessongs on DvD though, just noticed there's a Blu-Ray edition - Region A (??) - you have to be careful buying these things, Region 1 for example won't play on UK machines I think.

Most principled band ever has to be the Pet Shop Boys. Spend six months in a studio with Patsy Kensit and they're still gay afterwards. Respect!

Department S compilation. I'll be seeing them at the John Otway Convention this weekend in Southend.

Say hi to Vic.

I don't know if he'll be there.

Love this song so much:

...and the movie was one of my faves when I was a boy.

Who is that/are they?

The Fureys - When You Were Sweet Sixteen

Quote: Chappers @ 7th November 2017, 10:18 PM

Who is that/are they?

Jerry Reed. This is the theme song from the Burt Reynolds movie Smokey & The Bandit. Reed even played a role in the film, Bandit's truck driving buddy.

New article: '21 years on, the Spice Girls were as much about merchandising as music.' Quick off the mark, isn't he? No wonder he's a professional journalist. One always assumed they were camera-shy, media-unfriendly musos whose sole aim in life was to create the new 'Sergeant Pepper'.

Alicia Keys' 'No One'. It is vitally important that no one spoils Alicia's bonking. Never mind war, disease or famine, the fear that Ms Keys' f**klife may be anything less than perfect keeps me awake at night.

Quote: Chappers @ 7th November 2017, 7:35 PM

I don't know if he'll be there.

My first ever Samah Hits. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/56/Department_S_-_Smash_Hits_May_1981_magazine_cover.jpg

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 7th November 2017, 1:12 PM

Say hi to Vic.

Department S were fantastic.

Catch them playing if you can!