What are you listening to now? Page 1,242

Quote: A Horseradish @ 22nd April 2016, 11:31 PM BST

One of my favourite songs of all time. :)

My favourite concert film of all time.

Unfortunately this guy has left us too.

Lonnie Mack

Lonnie Mack (with Stevie Ray Vaughan)

New Kills song/vid.

The Kills - Heart Of A Dog

Triggered by banter on the FF thread. :D

The Clash - Julie's Been Working For The Drug Squad - 3/8/1980 - Capitol Theatre (Official)

Quote: George Kaplan @ 24th April 2016, 12:06 AM BST

Triggered by banter on the FF thread. :D

The Clash - Julie's Been Working For The Drug Squad - 3/8/1980 - Capitol Theatre (Official)

Cracking choice George, one of my favourite all time bands.

Currently I'm with my folks and my mother has some sixties compilation on and at the moment it's a version of If I had a Hammer.

Quote: Sarc @ 24th April 2016, 3:32 PM BST

Cracking choice George, one of my favourite all time bands.

Cheers, Sarc! :)

They're popular on here - Radish & Lofty are big fans too.

I was lucky enough to see them a few times live, from when they started to when Jonesy got kicked out. Can't think of a better live band, and I've been to loads of gigs over the years.

The Clash - I Fought The Law (Live at The London Lyceum Theatre - 1979)

I didn't get to see them live seeing as a I was only born a couple of months after London Calling came out but I was lucky enough to get tickets to the q&a they did with Cerys Matthews for BBC6 when they released the Sound System Box Set.
I had a chance to meet them to but a rare case of being star struck hit me and I couldn't get off my chair. According to my mate I was gripping my chair so tight my hands lost all colour and he said he'd never seen me so quiet.
I did meet Their roadie/manager Johnny Green and he was a lovely bloke, he introduced me to John Cooper Clarke who was also there and he was hilarious, kept talking about how we convinced his jacket was alive.
That was an amazing week, I got to see the three surviving members of the Clash and also won a clash shirt and the Sound system set.

I met Paul Simonon a few times, our mothers were friends. Very much doubt that he remembers me!

Listening to a PiL compilation. Brilliant band, so innovative.

This track by Windows98? is my aesthetic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKqfTHHxsHc

I have also been listening to Perfect by Tyler, The Creator featuring Kali Uchis and Austin Feinstein a lot :U

Quote: Sarc @ 24th April 2016, 8:23 PM BST

I didn't get to see them live seeing as a I was only born a couple of months after London Calling came out but I was lucky enough to get tickets to the q&a they did with Cerys Matthews for BBC6 when they released the Sound System Box Set.
I had a chance to meet them to but a rare case of being star struck hit me and I couldn't get off my chair. According to my mate I was gripping my chair so tight my hands lost all colour and he said he'd never seen me so quiet.
I did meet Their roadie/manager Johnny Green and he was a lovely bloke, he introduced me to John Cooper Clarke who was also there and he was hilarious, kept talking about how we convinced his jacket was alive.
That was an amazing week, I got to see the three surviving members of the Clash and also won a clash shirt and the Sound system set.

Great story.

Johnny Green's book about them is a fun read - A Riot Of Our Own.

Quote: beaky @ 24th April 2016, 8:34 PM BST

I met Paul Simonon a few times, our mothers were friends. Very much doubt that he remembers me!

Paul paints a lot now, doesn't he. Were both your mums artists, or involved in the Art World, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

D-12 - How Come/Git Up

How Come (Live D12 Cover) - Embrace

Papa Wemba - who recorded sessions for Peel and Kershaw and was in the same world music big league as N'Dour, Keita and Maal for a time - RIP.

Hambayi Ede - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gco1tnKrZdE

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36123214

UB40 (When they were good.)

UB40

Present Arms.

Best Years - Whitesnake

James Dean Bradfields solo album