Frankie Boyle's Tramadol Nights Page 5

Bits were good

but the George Micheal and Green Mile stuff would have shamed Davidson

It's just a copy of Jerry Sadowitz Pall Bearer's Revue but nowhere near as good.
This show goes even further in proving the fact that Boyle is a Jerry Sadowitz imitator.

Ooooh harsh, but not necessarily untrue.

At least he didn't do any card tricks.

I never heard Jerry Sadowitz crack a political joke in his life.

Was Tramadol especially political?

The stand-up segments were pretty good.

No, disappointingly there was nothing about Cameron/Clegg, or the commonwealth games - expected Boyle targets. I was responding more to the earlier comment that the show 'proved' that Frankie was a Sadowitz imitator.

Sadowitz's comedy is directionless and totally wilful. Boyle isn't anything like that. His comedy is much more in the vein of Bill Hicks and Derek & Clive. He is clearly an agent provocateur.

The sketches were surprisingly artless and clumsy.

The sitcom one was good but still overlong and had a totally pointless explanation.

Boyle may not be Sadowitz but this show was a lot like The Pall Bearers Revue.

I didn't see that but I love the title.

Just read the official BCG review: https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/frankie_boyle_tramadol_nights/

What a f**king disgrace. Who wrote that? Whoever he/she is needs to go back to school for ten years.

Perhaps a little harsh.

But c'mon Godot what did you think about the ridiculously poor Green Mile and George Micheal sketch. He isn't the first comic to get stuck with a duff project.

You're on your own sooty, liked both of the George Michael animations and the Green Mile sketch. I didn't find anything poor.

There's obviously a problem with variety - as Frankie uses a lot of sexual terminology and imagery - there was a lot of bumming-related material but it's still pleasingly offensive and left-field.

The George Michael sketches were wonderful. Green Mile was overlong, but wonderfully done and a couple of good laughs in it.

Quote: Aaron @ December 5 2010, 12:42 PM GMT

The George Michael sketches were wonderful. Green Mile was overlong, but wonderfully done and a couple of good laughs in it.

I didn't like The Green Mile one; perhaps it was snigger worthy, but it went on for ages.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ December 5 2010, 11:10 AM GMT

pleasingly offensive.

It was? I'm not sure many would be all that offended by it these days.

A thumbs up from me also. The stand-up was superb as always, and the sketches were more hit than miss. The George Michael animations may not have been overly topical, but were glorious.

We seem in agreement again Mat how nice.

Sketches about black fellows having big willies, bumming people in prison etc.

either that's so ironic I didn't get it or it's just plain school boy rudery.

In which case; poo, bum, fannies, eeeuurrrgggghhh you farted you spasmo,

hilarious

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ December 5 2010, 12:53 PM GMT

The stand-up was superb

I liked when he first came on and attacked the audience, that was pretty funny.