Ronni Ancona Page 5

I'm not to keen on Impressionists anyway, it dates quickly and is most of the time quite lazy writing.

I like parody, but too much is boring.

I also thought it was weak, but some of the sketches had promise they just didn't live up to it, like the Jade Goody one, i thought they could have been very funny with that one but the ending was weak, as with the old lady who has been around the block, talking to the dishcloth seller, that could have been a good sketch, but yet again it ended so poorly, ow well, i did really expect much from this show, and my expectations have been met.

What I find about sketch shows is, despite it being written by so many people, the writing is so uninspiring. The teacher sketch is a classic example. It is so predicatable. First time you don't know what's going to happen but then.........Why not put the teacher in a different place? Why not have them out shopping confronted by a pupil and wonder if they'll behave the same way out of the classroom. Just move them about a bit.

There was a scene with someone at the airport making faces or remarks to the person going through. Are we supposed to want to see this again and again?

Quote: David H @ June 10, 2007, 10:19 AM

Why not put the teacher in a different place? Why not have them out shopping confronted by a pupil and wonder if they'll behave the same way out of the classroom. Just move them about a bit.

Sad thing is, it was probably written like that, and one of the interferers (script editors, commissioning editors, directors...) decided it'd be better to keep the character in the familiar setting.