Ronni Ancona Page 3

Ohhh right. He's a bit old to be Pete!

I love his Jack Nicholson.

Quote: zooo @ May 27, 2007, 2:01 PM

Ohhh right. He's a bit old to be Pete!

I love his Jack Nicholson.

Is that euphemism?

Thought it was very, very weak.

The first few jokes were basically that Jonathan Ross earns a lot of money, Nicole Kidman is thin, Demi Moore has had plastic surgery etc. It would be difficult to find more dated cultural references and just wasn't funny.

I'm not sure how the BBC reckoned that one of the least funny people on the Sketch Show would be capable of doing her own show.

Obviously some people liked it though so maybe I'm wrong.

I thought some bits were a bit week. The old lady was not funny, the vamp got boring after a while and I can see the PMT teacher sketch being repetative - answers personal questions, gets wound up, shouts a lot and then ends with 'or maybe not'.

She's great at impressions and should stick to that. Those were the funniest. Phil Cornwall is a great comedy actor but is far too old to do Pete Doherty. John Sessions was good, good to see him back.

I wanted this to be "on the money" but I didn't really think too much of it.

It seemed to be falling between Harry Enfield and Catherine Tate with more than a few nods to each. I think it needs to find its own identity, but what or where that may be is a bit harder to identify. It just didn't feel different enough to either.

I'll give it another go because I like the cast and hope that it picks up

Quote: Nick @ May 28, 2007, 9:48 AM

Thought it was very, very weak.

The first few jokes were basically that Jonathan Ross earns a lot of money, Nicole Kidman is thin, Demi Moore has had plastic surgery etc. It would be difficult to find more dated cultural references and just wasn't funny.

I'm not sure how the BBC reckoned that one of the least funny people on the Sketch Show would be capable of doing her own show.

Obviously some people liked it though so maybe I'm wrong.

Your not wrong Nick because I agree with every word, so you must be right. ;)

What’s that, 10 sketch show we’ve had in the last few years all trying to out do Little Britain they’ve all been crap. Time to lay off the sketch show unless they can come up with something truly original.

Ronni, is as far as I can tell an intelligent woman, a rare thing you'll agree.

I agree with you Blenky she needs to find her own identity and make something original.

Something like Stella Street, that brought somethin new to an old format.

Quote: David Chapman @ May 27, 2007, 8:16 PM

Is that euphemism?

Ha!
It is now.

Would you like to feel my euphamism? Rawr.

Put your Jack Nicholson away.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

i like man stroke woman. sketch shows that don't bank on repeat characters stand a better chance. A joke is never as funny as when its first told.

Little Britain and C Tate were always better at the beginning, but i got bored of most of Ronni's characters within the first episode. PS - she is fit.

Thinking about it in retrospect and reading lots of correspondence about it and other shows, Man Stroke Woman should really be a sitcom.

There is no real change in the characters - costumes, make up etc. - so should work as a sitcom - in my opinion.

Quote: David Chapman @ May 28, 2007, 8:35 PM

Thinking about it in retrospect and reading lots of correspondence about it and other shows, Man Stroke Woman should really be a sitcom.

There is no real change in the characters - costumes, make up etc. - so should work as a sitcom - in my opinion.

Aye?? It's a 100% definition of a sketch show. Totally unrelated, isolated sketches, its not character led and it has no narrative or story.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ May 29, 2007, 9:28 AM

Aye??

Eh? Doesn't 'aye' mean - 'yup' as in the ali g vernacular

You are right though! Chapman - are you drunk !?