Joan Rivers Page 2

Quote: Chappers @ November 15 2010, 11:07 PM GMT

I knew her husband committed suicide.

Didn't Joan Rivers used to tell a joke along the lines of: "My husband committed suicide. I blame myself. We were having sex and the bag fell off my head."

Quote: zooo @ November 15 2010, 10:46 PM GMT

I was surprised to find her doing the voice for a C3PO style lady robot when I watched a bit of the film Spaceballs yesterday.

Only "a bit"? Watch the whole thing. Excellent cameo by John Hurt at the end.

Quote: AngieBaby @ November 15 2010, 10:57 PM GMT

She ... doesn't get the recognition she deserves.

Dunno. Peter Cook and Barry Humphries were very fond of her. I've liked some of her work. But for the past 15 years, all I can recall seeing her doing is standing outside the Academy Awards commenting on what people are wearing; which I think is the epitome of banal shallowness. Would be OK if she was funny, but her fashion commentaries are dull and she was completely bamboozled when Trey Parker and Matt Stone turned up on acid, dressed as Jennifer Lopez and Gwyneth Paltrow (the only funny thing that's ever happened on that red carpet).

Quote: AngieBaby @ November 15 2010, 10:38 PM GMT

I was quite surprised that there wasn't a thread already for this amazing lady.

Probably there's also no thread for Phyllis Diller (until she dies).

Quote: Chappers @ November 16 2010, 2:17 AM GMT

What - like Jonathan Ross you mean but nowhere near as good.

I'm guessing you refer to JR as being a talk show 'god'?

If so - leave it out. His last few series simply consisted of him, not only blabbing on about himself - as per usual, but blowing smoke up the arses of his pals and fair weather U.S. 'c' list celebs who he'd recently played tennis with.

Complete wanker!

However, if you weren't saying that - sorry - but at least it let me rage against JR. :D

Quote: Kenneth @ November 16 2010, 8:21 AM GMT

Only "a bit"? Watch the whole thing. Excellent cameo by John Hurt at the end.

Yeah, I wasn't in the mood to watch it all, but some of the bits I saw were very funny. Loved when the princess took off her Leia hair earphones.

I love Joan. I love her outspoken potty gob & I forgive her for the shoddy plastic surgery she's had.

Quote: Charley @ November 17 2010, 2:07 AM GMT

I love Joan. I love her outspoken potty gob & I forgive her for the shoddy plastic surgery she's had.

You're just like a younger version of her. About 10 years younger. And it's about time you folowed her example. Downstairs at least.

Quote: Chappers @ November 17 2010, 2:11 AM GMT

You're just like a younger version of her. About 10 years younger. And it's about time you folowed her example. Downstairs at least.

I am NEVER having plastic surgery on my downstairs Lilly lips nor on my Clara clitty.
I can think of many places I would have it & my c**t is the last one on the list.
Baggy it may be but it is still perfection.

Didn't Joan Rivers used to tell a joke along the lines of: "My husband committed suicide. I blame myself. We were having sex and the bag fell off my head."

You can't say that's not a joke. A bit 'off', but I got the impression she was quite angry with him for commiting suicide.

She was completely bamboozled when Trey Parker and Matt Stone turned up on acid, dressed as Jennifer Lopez and Gwyneth Paltrow (the only funny thing that's ever happened on that red carpet).

Just YouTubed that, funneee! Jennifer looked quite good, but Gwynnie was showing far too much cleavage. I didn't know people still dropped acid these days.

My favourite Joan Rivers joke is the one about the worst sound to wake up to is 'the sound of a peeping tom vomiting'.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ November 19 2010, 8:01 PM GMT

My favourite Joan Rivers joke is the one about the worst sound to wake up is 'the sound of a peeping tom vomiting'.

Laughing out loud

Another cracker: 'The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband.'

She does have some great one-liners.

Probably there's also no thread for Phyllis Diller (until she dies).

Just got Family Guy Season 11 on DVD and saw the second episode was dedicated to Phyllis Diller (and Michael Clarke Duncan). She died in August 2012 aged 95. What a great comedienne.

Joan does a stand up act near where she lives in NYC on average once a month. I have to admit when she works "blue" she can really go!

I like Joan Rivers. She's head and shoulders above her peers.

Quote: Ben @ July 28 2013, 10:55 AM BST

I like Joan Rivers. She's head and shoulders above her peers.

that's only because of all the face lifts!
Whistling nnocently

She did a nice turn in Nip/Tuck exploring her love of plastic surgery.