The Walking Dead Page 2

Quote: Nat Wicks @ November 3 2010, 10:28 AM GMT

Dead Set.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 3 2010, 10:28 AM GMT

There was Charlie Brooker's 'Dead Set' miniseries.

Quote: zooo @ November 3 2010, 10:29 AM GMT

Only zombie TV I can think of was that one with Davina. Dead Set.

Oh yes... Whistling nnocently

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 3 2010, 10:28 AM GMT

I watched this. I think it looks promising. Nice and dark for the most part. Good performances.

I couldn't see much original about it though. Very reminiscent of 28 Days Later and Day of the Triffids, etc.

Perhaps having the protagonist waking up in the aftermath of zombification, wandering around empty streets, meeting Mr Exposition, etc, is the best way to handle this kind of story, but it still felt like well-trodden ground to me.

Yea, that opening is very much like a lot of other stuff, but the books come into their own once the characters get together.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 3 2010, 10:30 AM GMT

Yea, that opening is very much like a lot of other stuff, but the books come into their own once the characters get together.

Yeah, I read the first comic and decided the series probably wasn't worth following. An opening ripped straight out of Day of the Triffids/28 Days Later and some classic closing deus ex machina. Luckily I followed a friend's advice when he told me the story improved exponentially. Here's hoping the TV series does the same.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 3 2010, 10:19 AM GMT

Have you watched it? Or read the source material? Or just heard the word Zombie? Plus, what other Zombie TV shows have their been? Not many. The books, at least, are about alot more than people shooting zombies; in fact that's almost the least of what they're about.

I knew it. You're all f**king zombies, aren't you. I should've realised.

*Sprints for partially opened door*

*Chucks Ladybird book of Ethnology of Pop-Culture Archetypes at Stott's suppurating head*

*munches on Godot's ankle*

Just cos it's where my ankle should be doesn't mean it's my ankle.

Sick

Quote: Godot Taxis @ November 3 2010, 9:55 AM GMT

What the world really needs now is another zombie drama. If those zombies could also be vampires and werewolves then even better.

What is happening to our culture? It is necrotising. We need dramas that explain our lives and defrost our brains not this infantile, drive-in garbage.

Can't we have both, Godot?

What is happening to our culture? It is necrotising. We need dramas that explain our lives and defrost our brains not this infantile, drive-in garbage.

We stop trying to get to space and started worshipping money. All TV is infantile key jangling drivel.

Saying that. I thought first of series was alright can't really do to much in a first ep with all the setup so next one should be better.

Quote: Gavin @ November 3 2010, 12:28 PM GMT

We stop trying to get to space and started worshipping money. All TV is infantile key jangling drivel.

Mad Men?
The Sopranos?
The Wire?
John Adams?
Band of Brothers?
Etc, etc...

Quote: chipolata @ November 3 2010, 12:30 PM GMT

Mad Men?
The Sopranos?
The Wire?
John Adams?
Band of Brothers?
Etc, etc...

...Missing the point. But

Yes, Yes, Maybe, Never seen, yes.

I really liked it and it stayed pretty true to the graphic novels, which I also like a lot. Apparently Kirkman wrote one of the episodes in this series (there's only 6 eps).

Quote: Afinkawan @ November 4 2010, 10:07 AM GMT

I really liked it and it stayed pretty true to the graphic novels, which I also like a lot. Apparently Kirkman wrote one of the episodes in this series (there's only 6 eps).

Already commissioned for a second series though!

What the world really needs now is another zombie drama. If those zombies could also be vampires and werewolves then even better.

Either that or girls with big tits running around in slo-mo.

Quote: Will Cam @ November 4 2010, 10:23 AM GMT

Either that or girls with big tits running around in slo-mo.

Watch the opening of Zombie Land and you get both.