The Armstrong & Miller Show - Series 3 Page 4

Gok Wan. A gregarious sodomite of some repute. Laughing out loud

That opening sketch was a bit of a G. Wiley tribute.

Some of the runners are doing nothing for me: Rory & Flint, Terry Devlin, Enlightenment, .

I really liked the "only got one ball" sketch last night. The pirate runner from last week was quite hilarious too.

Quote: Aaron @ November 28 2010, 7:48 PM GMT

Shits all over the recent That Mitchell And Webb Look run.

I'm not sure. I think there were a hell of lot of misfires in Mitchell and Webb, but also some truly great sketches, such as the ones where they rubbish the Princess Diana and Moon Landing conspiracies.

In contrast, Armstrong and Webb have had more hits, but very few - if any - classic sketches. Last night's show being a case in point. A lot of funny stuff, but nothing that lingers in the mind.

I think the sketches are of a really high standard. Not too keen on the cavemen, but I love the Royal correspondent and the piano players are hilarious too. Last week's Recycling sketch was brill.

I must confess to quite fancying them both too.

*throws impartiality out the window*

I'd say that Armstrong is quite sexy in an odd way, but not that keen on Miller, meself.

I don't get the whole Brydon/Miller similarity, Ben Miller is hot!

Armstrong has an air of haughtiness about him I find appealing, but Miller seems more accessible.

Quote: chipolata @ December 5 2010, 6:50 PM GMT

I'm not sure. I think there were a hell of lot of misfires in Mitchell and Webb, but also some truly great sketches, such as the ones where they rubbish the Princess Diana and Moon Landing conspiracies.

In contrast, Armstrong and Webb have had more hits, but very few - if any - classic sketches. Last night's show being a case in point. A lot of funny stuff, but nothing that lingers in the mind.

This

I've always wanted to do that one!
Oh you're supposed to leave it there.

I do think that Armstrong & Miller get away with some bland sketches & easy runners whereas Mitchell & Webb take a few more risks.

Didn't like the last M & W TV series as much though in case anyone thought I was Stotting around a bit.

I prefer Armstrong and Miller as they're better actors and don't come across as Footlights nobodies. I suppose M&W have more classic sketches, but I was really disappointed with the last series of M&W. A&M get my vote.

They are far better actors & that's why I've always enjoyed their show.
But if you put a few of the sketches on Critique I doubt they'd seem as funny on paper.
Which I quite like, you can have a sketch which when performed doesn't have any funny lines for the first 30, 40 seconds but is still engaging & funny in the end.