The Armstrong & Miller Show - Series 3

New series starts tonight...

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/the_armstrong_and_miller_show/episodes/3/1/

My Mum will be pleased, as she thinks they are both "lovely" and "so funny". Whereas I'm just nursing a festering resentment that the bastards didn't use any of my sketches in this series. So which of us is right...?

I thought that the last series was rather an exercise in treading water. Now that the show is firmly established perhaps they'll take one or two risks with less "safe" sketches in this series? Or perhaps not. Personally, I've always thought that their C4 sketch shows were better than most of the stuff they've done on the Beeb.

Anyway... Errr

I see they've got a Holmes & Watson sketch. Then again, who hasn't? Any chance the Powers That Be might declare a moratorium on Sherlock Holmes and James Bond parodies for ooh, let's say, the next 10 years?

I've heard nothing but good things about the new series. Looking forward to it.

Were you commissioned, Tim, or just sending stuff on spec?

The Farmers Market song recalled the glory years of the great Spitting Image parody tunes, for me...

Enjoyable, but nothing spectacular. They know what they're doing and do it well. I'd like to see a few more risks, though.

I thought it packed quite a punch, especially compared to the previous two series. Every sketch seemed to work, with the only real 'loser' in my mind being the last one. Plus I felt 'Can I see the garden?' was the perfect punchline; we didn't need to actually see it after the credits. Points also for doing a Twilight parody that was actually funny.

I thought the the vamp sketch a bit disappointing. The conceit was great, but the actual sketch lacked something.

I thought the old vampires sketch was great.
Also loved the Nazi/Jordan and Pete, and the cavemen. And the farmer's market. Actually most of it was good.

Esp liked the farmers market. Think it went on a little too long though.
Thought it was like a more up to date version of "I saw you coming"

Also liked old stylee vampires... yeah, vamps ain't what they used to be!

Cant understand why "The Origins of..." is still going, was always a bit hit and miss for me. I liked this ep's one though...

Solid stuff, dependable. Thought the laughter track sounded a bit high up in the mix, considering the fare on offer. Unless they were hosing the audience with nitrous oxide throughout the recording...?

Loved Morten Harket turning up.

Wasn't a massive fan of the farmers' market song, but think I enjoyed everything else. A couple of the quick ones were a little meh-ish, but all round a very good start to the series.

Quote: RJ @ October 30 2010, 10:21 PM BST

Were you commissioned, Tim, or just sending stuff on spec?

- Just the usual open call for material via agency... Hardly matters, as they didn't use it.

The Origin of Teenagers was a bit of a miss for me, mainly because I'd seen near the exact same scenario online a few weeks back in an animation making fun of the Predator movies. Even the 'I refuse to kill it, dad, I'm a vegetarian' gag.

Ah.

But it was Tyger Drew Honey from Outnumbered! So wins extra points.

Poor old Tyger Drew Honey. He probably can't even use the internet for fear of seeing his Dad's cock. Probably in an Essex housewife's mouth as well... :(