Malcolm In The Middle Page 6

It's crazy that it's never had a DVD release here.

I was just lamenting the lack of air time Malcolm is getting the other day. Seems the universe does listen.

Quote: David Bussell @ January 6 2011, 8:02 AM GMT

Seems the universe does listen.

It's probably hoping to avoid getting roped into voting for another of your sketches, Bussell.

Quote: chipolata @ January 6 2011, 8:17 AM GMT

It's probably hoping to avoid getting roped into voting for another of your sketches, Bussell.

You're mean before breakfast!

Quote: chipolata @ January 5 2011, 11:31 PM GMT

It's crazy that it's never had a DVD release here.

I think only the fisrt season is actually available in America, too. I seem to remember reading something about the music rights preventing its release.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 6 2011, 9:06 AM GMT

I think only the fisrt season is actually available in America, too. I seem to remember reading something about the music rights preventing its release.

Thats what I heard as well, you see that MITM had Music from various Bands during each Episode and so that is the Reason why there is trouble passing the Music Rights.

Quote: WeakFlesh @ January 17 2011, 1:26 PM GMT

Thats what I heard as well, you see that MITM had Music from various Bands during each Episode and so that is the Reason why there is trouble passing the Music Rights.

That sounds like a pretty poor excuse. There are plenty of TV shows using copyrighted music that seem to get a release ok. I'm sure if Larry Sanders can get a release then anything can.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ January 17 2011, 2:41 PM GMT

That sounds like a pretty poor excuse. There are plenty of TV shows using copyrighted music that seem to get a release ok. I'm sure if Larry Sanders can get a release then anything can.

I agree with you there.

couldn't they just remove the copy righted music from the sound track and replace it with something else

Quote: samcheese @ March 6 2011, 6:57 PM GMT

couldn't they just remove the copy righted music from the sound track and replace it with something else

What about the theme tune to the Simpsons?

Or is that too cruel?

Quote: Tim Azure @ March 9 2011, 8:33 AM GMT

What about the theme tune to the Simpsons?

Or is that too cruel?

They are identical shows.
Errr

Good news, I read that 'Malcolm In The Middle' is finally being released on DVD. Checking Amazon, the first season will be out over here in June.

Great characters,they were brilliant :D

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 27 2012, 6:21 PM BST

Good news, I read that 'Malcolm In The Middle' is finally being released on DVD. Checking Amazon, the first season will be out over here in June.

With the original music I hope. I hate it when they it replace with some cheap synthisizer elevator music. If they did so they can stick their DVD box sets up their stars!
"Malcolm" was a great anarchic show. George W. and his bigot republican deciples must have hated it. I loved it; great scripts, great actors, great music!!!

I've just started re-watching MITM which is something I seem to do on a nearly yearly basis. It's just excellent! Not many shows manage to continually make me belly laugh. I will re-recommend this to all people who've never seen it or forgotten how good it is!