Frank (film)

Today I did my first ever paid job (not counting sketch writing) - I was an extra in a film called Frank. Interestingly enough, it is a comedy, albeit a very dark one.

Frank is about a man (the title character) with OCD who discovers a corpse washed upon the shore. He takes the corpse, which he names Fidel, and develops a friendship with it.

The filming today was taking place in Seaton Carew (a town near Hartlepool which is mainly famous as the home of John Darwin, the canoe man). The scene I was in featured Frank and his corpse, which was in a wheelchair, fully clothed, with dark glasses and for some reason a Joker-style face, walking through the town and being mocked by hoodies. I was a passer-by walking past Frank and the corpse.

Frank is an independent film which is planning to be released in some festivals and hopefully in some bigger venues.

Was it a real person playing the corpse?
Because it'd be difficult keeping still for a long time.

You never heard Bernie complaining. Then again, it would have been breaking character and he was nothing if not a pro.

At least the guy playing Bernie was better than the actors playing dead people in George Romero's films. I swear you can see them moving at times. Rank amatuers!

Quote: chipolata @ October 11 2010, 4:06 PM BST

Was it a real person playing the corpse?
Because it'd be difficult keeping still for a long time.

Yes, he was played by Con O'Neill. He talked with to the extras including me.