New St Trinian's film Page 4

Nothing to do with young girls in stockings and suspenders but I'm sure it will be good.

Quote: zooo @ December 11, 2007, 7:47 PM

Well, not the *only* reason.
:)

Yeah, wossisface dressed as a woman too.

Quote: David Chapman @ December 12, 2007, 12:21 AM

Nothing to do with young girls in stockings and suspenders but I'm sure it will be good.

Yeah, but dirty skanky girls who look like they could do with a few burgers, I'd guess.

Quote: Aaron @ December 12, 2007, 11:01 AM

Yeah, but dirty skanky girls who look like they could do with a few burgers, I'd guess.

Is it a Pete Doherty Bio-pic?

Laughing out loud

I know it's not St Trinians but a few of us have discussed and been looking forward to this: Forgetting Sarah Marshall or Dumped, whatever you want to call it, trailer...

http://www.iklipz.com/MovieDetail.aspx?MovieID=d688df9d-7067-4a9d-919e-f59d5ded7077

Funny! Oh, Miss. Bell!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7407279.stm

Unsurprising.

Well, the first one (of the updated version), was actually quite good. There were some funny lines and scenes in it, especially between Everett and Firth. Also alot of nice girls to look at. ;)

Quote: hotzappa11 @ May 20 2008, 2:45 PM BST

Also alot of nice girls to look at. ;)

Like I said, unsurprising.

Good God I want the new Carry On film to be good. Teary

Quote: Aaron @ May 20 2008, 2:50 PM BST

Good God I want the new Carry On film to be good. Teary

Not a chance in hell, would be my guess. If they actually do make another one; theyve been saying that for years with seemingly no action. Cant say Im actually crying out for another one; Carry On was the actors youve come to associate with the series; Sid james, Kenneth Williams, and so on-without them, whats the point? Its not really a Carry On, itll just be a saucy, nudge-nudge comedy with a load of TV actors popping up for a good old mug surely?

Well, I agree that it won't be the same without the old gang. For me, Sid makes a Carry On. But I watched Columbus again a few months back, and it's not actually half bad. So I still have hope.

And it was announced a couple of months ago that a final script had been signed off, and that sets had been made last year, with projected release date of late '08/early '09 - so looks set to go ahead.

You're right though; it's unlikely to be a true Carry On, as t'were. I just really hope that they capture that saucy humour again. Aaron misses it. :(

(Although going back to the earlier films, the definition for what makes a Carry On is actually pretty wide.)

The Brand as RTD would say was getting very tired towards the end, I'd far rather a Raise the Wind or a twice round the Daffodils than one of the later Carry ons. Hopefuly they will re-invent it somehow.

Despite my previous post saying that I would never again watch anything with Russell Brand, I decided to give it a go just to see if I liked it or not. Suffice it to say, those are four hours of my life that I want back. I know the film was only about 100 minutes long but it seemed far longer. Hate to rant about Brand as he was far from the only thing that I disliked but, c'mon, look at Flash Harry. They went from George Cole to Russell Brand! In terms of talent and acting ability, they are at opposite ends of the food chain.

I think Brand's a good actor. (I haven't seen his performance in St Trinian's though.) Did you see him in The Abbey?
The first time I ever saw him properly acting. And very good it was.

Have you seen Forgetting Sarah Marshall? Though he was mostly playing himself, he stole every scene he was in.

Still haven't seen that either!

And of course we mustn't forget his wonderful teenage performance in The Bill! Laughing out loud Bless him.
Which is probably on youtube somewhere.