New St Trinian's film

I wonder how good this is going to be. I loved the originals. Apart from George Cole, Alastair Sim (and of course the older girls), I used to think the scruffy younger girls were what made it really funny, driving cars, blowing things up, running gambling dens etc.

http://movies.uk.msn.com/features/StTrinian'sAtCannes_2007.aspx

Hopefully they'll keep the original feel.

I loved them too.

I`m looking forward to this though.

I think it might be good, it's got a nice cast and any excuse to see Mischa Barton, Lily Cole, Telulah Riley and many others in school girls customers gets my vote. Laughing out loud

I think Rupert Everett taking the Alastair Sim role as headteacher/transvestite role will probably be very funny.

Russell Brand may do some good to.

It's going to be complete shite on a par with that most recent Carry On film. That said, I'll watch it because it's got girls dressed as schoolgirls.

Lily Cole is a freak.

That is all.

Russell`s hot though!

He certainly bloody is.

And has a lot of potential as an actor I think. From what we saw of him on that Morwenna Banks pilot.

Absolutely.

The classic St Trinians films are a great example of British comedy at its best.

The new film will go one of two ways, it will either be a fantastic tribute to the originals and have us all in stitches or it will be a huge dissapointment to anyone who has seen the originals.

I hope it does the classic films justice and is modernised to fit our time and not the time when the original films were set.

:)

Why can't they f**king write a new one, rather than ripping off the classics?!

It is a new one though. It's a new original story influenced by the dozens of cartoons that were made.

Is it? What I'd read seemed to suggest that it was a remake.

So any more news on this yet? I've seen a trailer.

I have a feeling it's meant to be out on the 21st. Far too lazy to check though.

I just fear that it won't contain the innocence of the originals. OK, so they made some slightly saucy references to the older schoolgirls' looks and adult behaviour. I just worry that a modern take won't be able to resist over-sexualising the schoolgirls. The whole great joy of the originals was a bunch of feisty, tough, violent schoolgirls taking on the school and the world. Will they be able to keep this as the main premise.

Also, Alistair Sim is irreplacable. He will always be Headmistress of St T's for me.