Richard Herring Page 5

Quote: Nil Putters @ 9th February 2014, 11:30 AM GMT

Just seen him on Sunday Brunch (+1) and, in talking about his Leicester Square podcasts, he mentioned the BCG twice. :)

What was he saying, and did it include the expression

"talentless, wannabe c**ts"

Has anyone listened to the recent(ish) one featuring Rebecca Front? She's really good and, akin to Harry Shearer, makes Herring look a bit of a twat when he's asking inane questions such as 'Would you prefer a man with a tiny penis which looked like a man; or a man who looked like a penis with genitals shaped like a man?'

I keep thinking that it could be a great show, but Herring's immaturity seems to be a huge barrier. I saw him live once, he headlined a comedy gig I attended last year, did 15 minutes of material centered around masturbation and then pissed off early.

Saying that, I think that he's a better writer than performer; loved his book 'How To Grow Up' (which he seemed to achieve by the end) and of course, Time Gentlemen Please.

I actually like those podcasts quite a bit...

Yes teh Leicester square & Edinburgh podcasts are much better than that crude self indulgent "As It Occurs To Me" nonsense

AIOTM!

I've never heard AIOTM nor Collings and Herrin's podcast. Are they any good?

I loved AIOTM. It's all here to listen to! https://www.comedy.co.uk/podcasts/as_it_occurs_to_me/series1/

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 16th December 2014, 1:48 PM GMT

Has anyone listened to the recent(ish) one featuring Rebecca Front? She's really good and, akin to Harry Shearer, makes Herring look a bit of a twat when he's asking inane questions such as 'Would you prefer a man with a tiny penis which looked like a man; or a man who looked like a penis with genitals shaped like a man?'

The ultimate example of that being the Danny Baker interview when being asked the "suck your own cock" question basically said (half jokingly) he'd spoiled the interview and now he couldn't let his daughter listen.

That said, the podcasts are great. I got on board with the Collins and Herring ones, don't know how they'd hold up now, suspect they were very much "of their time".

i've been watching his 2013 show "We're all going to die" on video and there is a weird moment at about 76 minutes when he says he's always afraid that Stewart Lee is in the audience, and then the camera zooms in on an audience member who looks exactly like... Richard Herring. what the hell was that?

edit: nevermind, it's explained in the extras

I like the Leicester Square podcasts (although I have to skip past the stand up at the start) but I do wish he'd drop the emergency questions. There rarely very funny.

I've been thoroughly enjoying RH's podcasts - up until the current one with Lou Sanders

https://www.comedy.co.uk/podcasts/richard_herring_lst_podcast/episode_65_lou_sanders/

There's an hour of my life I'll never get back. :( I suspect some drink had been taken, if she's always like that surely she wouldn't be getting any work. She was like, totally annoying?

Quote: fasty @ 18th June 2015, 10:32 PM BST

I've been thoroughly enjoying RH's podcasts - up until the current one with Lou Sanders

https://www.comedy.co.uk/podcasts/richard_herring_lst_podcast/episode_65_lou_sanders/

There's an hour of my life I'll never get back. :( I suspect some drink had been taken, if she's always like that surely she wouldn't be getting any work. She was like, totally annoying?

I only managed about 15 minutes and couldn't bare to carry on. I guess she is an acquired taste.

Just got addicted to watching the podcasts, and the followed it up by watching old TMWRNJ episodes. Had forgotten how much I used to love that show. Anyone else noticed the similarity between Histors eye and horrible histories?

Saw Rich's show twice at the Fringe (not entirely on purpose. I saw it once on purpose, and then a friend was in town and wanted to see it, so I went again). It wasn't his best show, but it was quite funny. The first time I saw him he was super tired and left out like 4 main bits, which were necessary for the callbacks at the end. The second time was better. The premise of the show (called Oh Frig, I'm 50!) is pretty much just about being old, and lusting after CBBC presenters. Glad I went, but it was no Hitler Moustache. It was nice to meet him after the shows though.

I also went to the James Acaster and the Jason Manford tapings of Richard Herring's Edinburgh Fringe Podcast. I was initially suspicious of both Acaster and Manford, but left respecting both. Acaster especially was really hilarious.

Also, Richard Herring's Emergency Questions book got me a hot date with a Scottish bloke. So that's cool.

Note to self (and anyone this might apply to): Do not watch Fist of Fun DVDs on a lazy hungover morning, even if you're with a cute scottish avid lee and herring fan. Peter Baynham's bits are just too stomach churning (and I wiped butts for a living for years).

Oh, and there's new AIOTM. I'm almost caught up with that. So far so good.

...Oh, oh, and Rich signed my drawing I did of him, and also signed my drawing of Stew and wrote a big 'Boo' on him. Now I need to find Stew to write a comeback on Rich's face.

I haven't posted here in ages. I didn't have the internet in Edinburgh. I think I'm entering another posting-way-too-much phase. Soz. Don't worry, I'll regret it plenty later.