Richard Herring Page 3

Quote: AJGO @ July 18 2012, 10:25 AM BST

Response to heckler put-down controversy

http://www.richardherring.com/warmingup/?id=3545

Its all very interesting but he doesn't say what the joke was?

Lol. Snap.

Soz!

Herring's offence, as viewed in some quarters, was to tell - in a column about heckle putdowns- how he once silenced a mouthy woman in the audience at his gig with the following remark: "You're a bit talkative, aren't you? It's annoying. You're the one woman in the world where a man would put Rohypnol in your drink then leave you in the pub."

Ahah. Well it's clever.

Is that it?????????
Jesus.

Compare that to the recent fuss about the very similar event with the American comedian telling some rape joke to a woman in the audience. Now THAT was horrible. This was nothing.

If you heckle and you get something horrible said to you, TOUGH.

Exactly. Even if you thought the comic was shit (which Daniel Tosh is) you should not heckle out. You either shut the f**k up or f**k the f**k off.

I do hate hecklers.

I once heckled the compere at The Sitcom Trials and perhaps got the biggest laugh of the night. My life went downhill shortly after that.

Enjoying Richard Herrings Leicester Squaure podcasts.
Peter Serafinowicz does an amazing Richard Madely impression.

I always get the feeling that if Herring did less his work would be outstanding.

Quote: Monster Scum Bag @ July 18 2012, 5:49 PM BST

either shut the f**k up or f**k the f**k off

Comedy venues should have this on a sign on the wall.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 20 2012, 1:24 AM BST

Enjoying Richard Herrings Leicester Squaure podcasts.
Peter Serafinowicz does an amazing Richard Madely impression.

The recent one with half of the League Of Gentlemen on was brilliant.

Quote: zooo @ July 18 2012, 6:30 PM BST

I do hate hecklers.

Hecklers are c**ts. In every part of their lives.

Comedians think they're c**ts, the audience think they're c**ts, their family, friends, colleagues, pets, neighbours, friends of neighbours, pets of friends of neighbours, Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, Josef Mengele, Jimmy Savile and even themselves - think they're c**ts. Excuse my language.

C**ts.

Well said!