BBC3 Monday 9.30 Sitcom Pilots Page 2

The Scum Also Rises

Oh dear yet another load of cack dish up by BBC3, I don’t see the point in dishing up pilot after pilot which are basically crap. It pains me to say but the only one which appears to have a future is the one with the over sexed kids sticking piccolo’s up their arses.

As for tonight’s effort it just seemed a waste of talent.

Quote: Darren Goldsmith @ May 21, 2007, 3:13 PM

Crikey... just how many knob gags are there...

I bet Charley's got one.

Quote: Britcom Barry @ May 28, 2007, 10:11 PM

It was a bit wasn't it.

A very lackluster script but then again it was by a first time writer who actually based it on his experience in advertisting. Still, it's always nice to Adam Buxton on screen. The guy rarely makes a mistake.

Also, i think Kevin Bishop is going to be big. Afterall, he held together Star Stories.

I used to go to primary school with Kevin Bishop, though he was in my sister's year, along with the two daughters and the on of Mick McCarthy the football manager.

I got bored of it after 5 minutes. I wanna see Adam Buxton on tv more, but not in this.

Really like Kevin Bishop too, but this was pathetic. "It's like being smile-f**ked." Rolling eyes

Quote: Leevil @ May 29, 2007, 2:28 AM

I got bored of it after 5 minutes. I wanna see Adam Buxton on tv more, but not in this.

He said on his blog he's rehearsing Modern Men by Sam Bain & Jesse Armstrong right now. So, fingers crossed. :D

Oh, isn't Reece Shearsmith in Modern Men? If it's the one I'm thinking of it sounds fantastic. Victorian men in suits. Ace.

Like everyone else, I love to see Adam Buxton in anything, but this was a bit rubbish.

Yeah, I was reading his blog yesterday.

The writer of this last night writes adverts I believe, including the Pot Noodle one about slags.

Quote: zooo @ May 29, 2007, 1:54 PM

Oh, isn't Reece Shearsmith in Modern Men? If it's the one I'm thinking of it sounds fantastic. Victorian men in suits. Ace.

Like everyone else, I love to see Adam Buxton in anything, but this was a bit rubbish.

Isn't 'Modern Men' an episode of Fools and Horses? Makes a good title because it already is one.

Ditto your comment about Reece 'George of Asda' Shearsmith. Also, no show about Victorian gentlemen in suits could be complete without Matt Berry, in my view.

Oh wow, imagine that.

Better than a talking volcano at any rate.

Quote: ajp29 @ May 29, 2007, 2:27 AM

I used to go to primary school with Kevin Bishop, though he was in my sister's year, along with the two daughters and the on of Mick McCarthy the football manager.

Well, if we're playing that game, my Aunt went to school with both Tracey Ullman and Ulrika Johnsson.

Quote: zooo @ May 29, 2007, 5:30 PM

Better than a talking volcano at any rate.

Is that strictly possible?

Quote: Britcom Barry @ May 28, 2007, 10:11 PM

The Scum Also Rises

Oh dear yet another load of cack dish up by BBC3, I don’t see the point in dishing up pilot after pilot which are basically crap. It pains me to say but the only one which appears to have a future is the one with the over sexed kids sticking piccolo’s up their arses.

Admittedly I'm not even 5 minutes into watching this yet, but I'm actually really enjoying it, sorry!

Will update when it's over...

I actually thought the first five minutes were really good, then it went a bit weird. It had some great lines in it throughout, but it kept on losing direction with its surreal plot and sub-plots. I think the writer has potential if he/she doesn't try to over complicate things.