Harry & Paul - Series 3 Page 15

Up for a Bafta for best comedy series. Quite right too.

Is the Eastern European coffee shop girls in this series? I think it's stunning.....everything the 'Ralph & Ted' sketches (which I can take or leave) was said to be. Genius observation/micro-acting. "Sank you"

They did feature in the most recent series, yes. I seem to recall that they weren't as regular as previously, however.

Quote: Peter Brouhaha @ May 20 2011, 11:34 PM BST

Is the Eastern European coffee shop girls in this series? I think it's stunning.....

I don't think Morwena Banks gets enough credit.

She's fantastic.

It's a shame that as the ratings have decreased the quality of the show has increased.

I liked the second series very much, but felt the last series was a step back in terms of quality. Not sure if this is due to Geoffrey Perkins sad passing.

It's been more miss than hit since day one. Still enjoyable though.

I went off it a bit when they had a dig at Ricky Gervais, I'm assuming it was because he wrote off catchphrase comedy, which has been a staple for Harry and Paul all their careers.

That seemed a bit small of them.

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ May 22 2011, 1:51 PM BST

It's been more miss than hit since day one. Still enjoyable though.

I went off it a bit when they had a dig at Ricky Gervais, I'm assuming it was because he wrote off catchphrase comedy, which has been a staple for Harry and Paul all their careers.

Hi Doc. Who would you back in a punch-up between Gervais/Merchant V Enfield/Whitehouse? Gervais has lost a lot of weight, but maybe at the expense of muscle bulk. I know Whitehouse is a bit older than the Office boys, but he was a plasterer, and they're usually pretty handy in a ruck. Then again, Merchant is about 7 feet tall (so a hell of a reach). Enfield strikes me (as it were) as a bit of a lightweight, but you never know when 'it' hits the fan. On balance, I think I'd back the Enfield/Whitehouse combo....because of the latter's building site credentials. Tough call, though.

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ May 22 2011, 1:51 PM BST

Or perhaps because he belittles British comedy in general at every chance he gets. Or because of his public persona as a grade-A c**t. Or... well, plenty of other reasons.

Quote: Peter Brouhaha @ May 22 2011, 2:12 PM BST

Hi Doc. Who would you back in a punch-up between Gervais/Merchant V Enfield/Whitehouse? Gervais has lost a lot of weight, but maybe at the expense of muscle bulk. I know Whitehouse is a bit older than the Office boys, but he was a plasterer, and they're usually pretty handy in a ruck. Then again, Merchant is about 7 feet tall (so a hell of a reach). Enfield strikes me (as it were) as a bit of a lightweight, but you never know when 'it' hits the fan. On balance, I think I'd back the Enfield/Whitehouse combo....because of the latter's building site credentials. Tough call, though.

It is indeed a tight call..

Gervais has lost a bit of weight, but I hear he's been at the weights and gulping down a protein shake or two of an evening. Merchant might look like a lanky streak of piss, but I'm in no doubt that he'd have a few tricks up his considerable sleeve.

Hey and let's not forget, Gervais beat Grant Bovey in the ring a few years back. (That's not a libelous comment by the way, he actually had a proper fight with him.)

Harry and Paul might have the building site grit about them but I think they've softened and the middle age spread might leave them gasping within minutes.

Quote: Aaron @ May 22 2011, 2:30 PM BST

Or perhaps because he belittles British comedy in general at every chance he gets. Or because of his public persona as a grade-A c**t. Or... well, plenty of other reasons.

Nah, I'm pretty sure they were bitter because Gervais said catchphrase comedy was a load of old bollocks.

I'd say he's pretty qualified to make such a comment too, being the man behind the biggest British comedy of all time and all.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 27 2011, 2:56 PM BST

Up for a Bafta for best comedy series. Quite right too.

And they won it! Congrats to them. Pity they didn't turn up. If they had the award might have been shown during the main body of the show, rather than stuck at the end.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ May 23 2011, 9:54 AM BST

And they won it! Congrats to them. Pity they didn't turn up. If they had the award might have been shown during the main body of the show, rather than stuck at the end.

Bafta doesn't quite hold the same sparkle now The Only Way Is Essex has won one. Still, well done!

Quote: chipolata @ May 23 2011, 11:47 AM BST

Bafta doesn't quite hold the same sparkle now The Only Way Is Essex has won one. Still, well done!

Yeah, but that was only a 'special' audience award, made out of tin foil.