Ask Rhod Gilbert - Series 1

Any comments?

I like Rhod and the show was funny in bits, it needs to settle down a bit I think. It didnt really take much advantage of the guests though.

Only caught a bit of it. Looked like a poor man's QI. Always nice to see Greg Davies, mind.

Just a note ... there is some other 'origin' stories for marmalade ... the one I heard was about Mary, Queen of Scots - during her time in France ... Mary was ill and her servant made her a remedy - out of oranges ... and told her 'Mary, malade' - to get her to take her remedy ...
(this is somewhat understandable with the diseases and ill health at the time - and the use of citrus fruit, especially oranges, which helped overcome these problems.)

It wasn't brilliant, but I quite enjoyed it. Inconsequential lightweight fluff - albeit entertaining - very much like Would I Lie To You?.

I watched it last night. Rather enjoyed it. Good setup, good productions and nice pace. Can't really fault it.

Quote: Aaron @ September 29 2010, 12:42 PM BST

It wasn't brilliant, but I quite enjoyed it. Inconsequential lightweight fluff - albeit entertaining - very much like Would I Lie To You?.

A bit. Except Would I Lie To You? makes me laugh lottttttts.
This seemed a bit too long.

Didn't make enough use of guests. Jo Brand hardly said anything, just went for the boring joke about her weight. Gilbert, Langford and Davies clearly get on which is good news for the show, and it has some potential. Pleasantly watchable

I'm just watching this now. I'm not a big fan of Rhod Gilbert, he's a bit manic for me, but this is really good.

He's no Rob Rouse... Unimpressed

:D There's only one Rob Rouse.

*high-five*

*very high-five*

Cross between QI and Genius for me. Liked it. Nice to see more of the 'WWE Rick Mayall' too.

Rhod is becoming a little over-exposed; he is starting to irritate me now.