Whites Page 11

Still enjoying it and really like the characters. Didn't really believe the kitchen would fail an inspection as it's looked like the cleanest kitchen in the world during the last four episodes.

James Cary's view, as a 'proper' comedy writer'n'all: http://sitcomgeek.blogspot.com/2010/10/whites.html

Dan

Why you being a dickhead?..........chef! Laughing out loud

I reckon this is the best new comedy of the year apart from Rev.

Just watched episodes 3 & 4 after each other.

Very cringingly funny - especially the fact that Katherine Parkinson's character's dad has Parkinsons. Very funny.

Noticed the roads were very empty though.

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ October 8 2010, 12:42 AM BST

Trouble is, the majority of modern sitcoms have no big gags. And they also seem to be written in this same dreary style.
They're so concerned in making the shows "real", they forget to add jokes.
Outnumbered, Roger And Val, Gavin And Stacey, to name but a few. Oh, and this.

I prefer sitcoms that make you belly laugh.

I think it's developing well although I think Kiki's character is a bit too unbelievable.

This episode was really good, I thought. Nice tension between all the character and like the Bib leaving storyline.

I like it. It doesn't blow me away but I'd be disappointed if there wasn't another series as I like all the characters and relationships.

Dan

Disliked this at the begining (think I was expecting too much) but stuck with and pleased I did. It grew and grew.

It's not packed with funnies but once I knew what not to expect and what to, I began to enjoy.

It was a good comedy drama - a bit like Love Soup where it was quite realistic (apart from Kiki).

Hope there's another series. It's things like this where the traditional 6 week run doesn't seem long enough.

Quote: Chappers @ November 3 2010, 7:10 PM GMT

It was a good comedy drama - a bit like Love Soup where it was quite realistic (apart from Kiki).

Hope there's another series. It's things like this where the traditional 6 week run doesn't seem long enough.

Unlike Lab Rats where the first six minutes was long enough.

I grew into this series too. Alan Davies and the Bib actor are very good in this.

Whites is proof that with good actors and a location shoot you can put a dull gleam, if not a shine, on a turd.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ November 9 2010, 3:16 PM GMT

Whites is proof that with good actors and a location shoot you can put a dull gleam, if not a shine, on a turd.

Surely it depends what you've eaten!

Finally got round to watching the last couple of episodes. A solid old-fashioned sitcom: not gags stringed together; not cod-documentary cringefest; certainly not comedy drama; and not overly-knowing self-indulgence. Just engaging characters, speaking believable dialogue, with properly constructed plots and a decent laugh count. Not ground-breaking, maybe not brilliant, but refreshing to see.

Quote: Timbo @ January 9 2011, 12:04 AM GMT

Finally got round to watching the last couple of episodes. A solid old-fashioned sitcom

Didn't feel like that to me. Seemed a 'modern' sitcom if anything.

Quote: Ben @ January 9 2011, 12:33 AM GMT

Didn't feel like that to me. Seemed a 'modern' sitcom if anything.

Is "modern" the new euphemism for "unfunny"?

Quote: Tony Cowards @ January 9 2011, 9:54 AM GMT

Is "modern" the new euphemism for "unfunny"?

That razor sharp wit will get you in trouble one day, Cowards!

I think the modern feel was mainly down to the way it was filmed; for the most part the script would have worked with a studio audience; it might even have sharpened up the performances.

For my money Whites just about made the laugh count; certainly more so than most recent sitcoms.