The Rob Brydon Show - Series 1

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/the_rob_brydon_show/

This starts tonight. Not heard about it until I read the BCG front page.

I have a love-hate relationship with Rob. I originally liked him, then when he started presenting thought he was a bit of a prick. But after watching WILTY, I now get him. And think he's pretty good. So yeah, I'll be watching. Will you?

I like how the photo BCG uses is pre-transplant. Definitely a keeper.

Is it a talk show? I'm just thinking Alan Carr chatty man and Jonathon Ross talk show mixed together.

I think it's basically a cheaper version of "Friday Night with Jonathon Ross" and, of course, if they run out of guests Rob can always do his Richard Burton impressions...

Look out for Hal Cruttenden as one of the guest comedians though, a very funny and lovely man.

I'm quite looking forward to it, but with reservations. I do like Rob generally, and think he's had some great roles, but the constant impressions, particularly hammered home on Would I Lie To You?, are a complete turn off. I hope he can be funny in this without doing his Ronnie C.

I'll give it a whirl, but this kind of stuff is a lazy waste of Brydon's talent. Humain Remains and Marion and Geoff seems a long time ago now.

Meh. Low level fluff. Passed the time but nothing special. And the Pingu impression was a curious misfire.

He was pretty good though.
I'm no Rob Brydon fan but a talk show isn't as easy at looks.
..I'd imagine.

I thought the show was excellent.

Rob Brydon really is talented.

I rather enjoyed it, but as chipolata noted, probably a waste of his talent really. Certainly not in any way offensive to my telly senses, but not really special either.

I really had to force myself to watch this. I usually avoid anything with Walliams in it.

Unlike most of you, I've never seen Brydon's sitcom stuff. I just know him a low-rent panelist and host.

Rather vain, I feel, too.

I don't recall ever laughing at his material, and this new show is no exception. Really dull.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ September 18 2010, 12:02 PM BST

Unlike most of you, I've never seen Brydon's sitcom stuff. I just know him a low-rent panelist and host.

What?! Really, give Marion And Geoff and Humain Remains a look, you won't be disappointed.

I will watch it but I was massively unimpressed with the first show. Love Brydon, but just got used to him a panel show host WILTY?. Found myself flicking channels in the middle. At present I don't think Brydon is a chat host.

Entertaining show, albeit one that seems to focus largely on his pool of showbiz chums. It works, though.

Mind you, the stand up he had on last week was bloody rubbish. I couldn't stomach her.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ September 27 2010, 1:36 PM BST

Mind you, the stand up he had on last week was bloody rubbish. I couldn't stomach her.

Who was that?