Witty and Twisted/Sketch Factor (BBC) Page 2

I like that idea... If I don't hear anything I'm going to believe it's because my emailed submission fell into a blackhole due to the BBC's lack of a computer. No reflection at all on my work!

Just got pant wettingly excited at an email from the sketch factor people. Am now crying into a large mug of tea as they took the time and trouble to tell me I wasn't good enough. Can only see that sketches were too subtle and at the same time too sophisticated to be understood. Damn their blinkered eyes. Am wondering if should have held onto the day job a little while longer so as had something to go back to at times like this.....

Steve by any other name, I just got the same email!

I also write non-fiction, and I submitted a finished manuscript to the publishers yesterday. I was so happy today to get back to some comedy, then I checked the inbox! It's definately swings and roundabouts in this business.

My plan is to eat chocolate bicuits then get back at it. (It works for me!) Good luck with your next submission.

I didn't think they were going to contact people if they weren't successful. That would (probably will) be quite annoying.

And what does it mean if you don't hear anything at all?

"I'm sorry, it was that bad that i just couildn't be arsed telling you. I mean, it was awful"

Perhaps when it's over we could have our own Sketch Factor. A sort of losers play off.

I got the same e-mail. *sigh* Well, i'm just glad i can easily work on something else instead of wallowing in my own self pity about it.

Quote: Miranda Walker @ November 7, 2006, 12:58 PM

I also write non-fiction, and I submitted a finished manuscript to the publishers yesterday. I was so happy today to get back to some comedy, then I checked the inbox! It's definately swings and roundabouts in this business.

My plan is to eat chocolate bicuits then get back at it. (It works for me!) Good luck with your next submission.

Thanks for the tip Miranda. I think there's some crunchies in the fridge left over from Haloween. Even the trick or treaters stopped calling once I started holding back the sweets until they'd sat through one of my sketches. As soon as the bloke cleaning the oven b*****s off, I'm in there. That honeycomed middle may weigh so little when you eat one, let's see how it holds up after half a dozen. How long does it take to clean an Aga? Sorry, I'm rambling. Have posted a sample sketch on the Critique forum if anyone wants a laugh. AT me, obviously, not WITH me. Clearly the BBC found it about as funny as stepping in a dog turd. Actually, that can be quite.... O, I just don't know anymore...

I got that email as well yesterday.

I entered sketch factor and have yet to recieve an e-mail, so Im keeping my fingers crossed!

I got an email from sketch factor saying no. I was disappointed but at least I got an email rejection. Its better than a silence when I then think someone has nicked my brilliant ideas and are passing them off as their own. (!) Nothing wrong with a healthy dose of paranoia. Paranoia is the fuel..... of the paranoid.

Yeah, i got an email but I thought that they said explicitly that they WOULDN'T be emailing everyone, so of course got my hopes up when I saw it in my inbox. I daydreamed as far as breaking America before reading it and collapsing, crushed at my desk Teary

Quote: Miranda Walker @ November 7, 2006, 12:58 PM

It's not swings and roundabouts for me, it's just roundabouts and roundabouts. Are roundabouts the bad thing in that saying? I always thought they were badder than swings.

Miranda, I enjoy your comments when I get rejected, but I don't remember us discussing you comforting other men..?

Hi there, I'm new to the board and was just wondering/fretting about Sketch Factor. I somehow got through to the second round and emailed off 3 x new scripts for the next selection process - I was curious to find out if anyone else who got through and sent off the new scripts had heard anything back yet?

Any info might stop me pathetically checking my email every 2 minutes!

Quote: beddy_boy @ November 9, 2006, 2:00 PM

Hi there, I'm new to the board and was just wondering/fretting about Sketch Factor. I somehow got through to the second round and emailed off 3 x new scripts for the next selection process - I was curious to find out if anyone else who got through and sent off the new scripts had heard anything back yet?

Any info might stop me pathetically checking my email every 2 minutes!

When you spell it out like that, somehow, getting rejected on the initial submission doesn't seem that bad. Very best of luck with the second round. Rather you than me, well, alright, maybe not quite.

Quote: steve by any other name @ November 9, 2006, 3:24 PM

When you spell it out like that, somehow, getting rejected on the initial submission doesn't seem that bad. Very best of luck with the second round. Rather you than me, well, alright, maybe not quite.

Thank you! :)

Yeah I agree to get rejected at a later stage is far worse than finding out straight away - I'll let you know if I do get any further. I was 13 minutes past the submission deadline so I might be scuppered already.

Judging whether something is funny is so subjective - I'm sure your - and everyone elses - sketches were as funny if not funnier than mine its just the personal taste of who's reading them.

Beddy Boy,

Just to let you know, I received an email today saying I'd made it into the last 23 (out of 2200!), with details about the workshops and the final selection process etc.

Fingers crossed you get it too. Good luck!

Quote: Pripyat @ November 9, 2006, 5:45 PM

Beddy Boy,

Just to let you know, I received an email today saying I'd made it into the last 23 (out of 2200!), with details about the workshops and the final selection process etc.

Fingers crossed you get it too. Good luck!

Oh my god that's brilliant!!! 23 out of 2200 is just amazing - well done, you must be so proud!! :D

It would be great to join you in the final 23 but I've had no email so sadly don't think I will be there.

Do let us know how you get on if you get the chance.

Ah just re-checked emails - nope didn't make it to the last 23 :(

Good luck Pripyat!