My Funniest Year 2000

Anyone catch this? My ancient crappy Sky+ box spazzed out on me so I missed most of it. I like Rufus Hound.

Sent a guy I work with berzerk when he took the piss out of Diana.

Quote: sootyj @ September 10 2010, 2:46 PM BST

Yeah I heard a whisper about that. What did he say? Rufus, not your mate.

Quote: Lee Henman @ September 10 2010, 2:50 PM BST

Yeah I heard a whisper about that. What did he say? Rufus, not your mate.

He played some reconstruction footage of the Parisian car crash overdubbed with Michael Jackson's Dirty Diana. Tasteless double whammy!

There were quite a few tasteless jokes in there.

The one about Jade Goody (I can't remember what it was but it was just him being bizarrely horrible about her) and something about Michael Douglas that was mean too, when he's just been diagnosed with cancer.

They even almost offended me! And it takes a bloody lot to do that.

The Diana one didn't offend me at all though.

The two that did just seemed unecessarily cruel, somehow. Sort of misjudged.

Quote: zooo @ September 10 2010, 3:03 PM BST

The Diana one didn't offend me at all though.

Why would it?

Quote: sootyj @ September 10 2010, 2:46 PM BST

Why?

Everyone sometimes gets offended by weird things, that they have no real connection to.

Why were so many people offended by the cat in the bin? it wasn't their cat. Why did the Jade Goody joke make me feel uncomfortable? I don't know her.

Quote: zooo @ September 10 2010, 3:18 PM BST

Everyone sometimes gets offended by weird things, that they have no real connection to.

Why were so many people offended by the cat in the bin? it wasn't their cat. Why did the Jade Goody joke make me feel uncomfortable? I don't know her.

I dunno, the Diana thing is a slightly different kettle of fish for me; many people are genuinly mental in their faces about her.

Oh yes, definitely!

I remember Pete and Geoff from the Virgin Breakfast show always used to refer to her as

"Dear Dead Diana."

Just watched this online http://www.seesaw.com/TV/Comedy/b-31494-My-Funniest-Year-2000

Strangely there was no Diana joke. Hmmmm. Wonder if it's been cut because of complaints?

I thought the show was funny but not exactly for prudes - Rufus was commenting on John Leslie when he ran onto that awards stage to chivalrously cover Judy Finnegan's boobs that had fallen out of her dress. He said "That's the first time John Leslie has ever rushed towards a pair of tits to cover them in anything other than his own spunk". :O

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 10 2010, 3:23 PM BST

I dunno, the Diana thing is a slightly different kettle of fish for me; many people are genuinly mental in their faces about her.

Bit like you and Doctor Who then. Unimpressed

Quote: chipolata @ September 10 2010, 4:03 PM BST

Bit like you and Doctor Who then. Unimpressed

A problem with no known cure.

Quote: Lee Henman @ September 10 2010, 4:02 PM BST

I thought the show was funny but not exactly for prudes - Rufus was commenting on John Leslie when he ran onto that awards stage to chivalrously cover Judy Finnegan's boobs that had fallen out of her dress. He said "That's the first time John Leslie has ever rushed towards a pair of tits to cover them in anything other than his own spunk". :O

That was very funny.

I only caught bits of this but it seemed all right. Not laugh a minute, but some funny bits. Although I appear to have missed all the controversial bits. :(