10 O'Clock Live - Series 1 Page 2

Quote: john lucas 101 @ September 7 2010, 1:40 PM BST

Welsh fella with the pie?

Rhod Gilbert.

Make it 25-45. *ahem*

I assumed you were my age because your avatar is from a movie which was popular with 13 year olds in 2000. ;)

Stewart Lee doing topical comedy? I can't imagine anything stranger. He wasn't terrible on HIGNFY, but it's not really his forte, is it?

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ September 7 2010, 2:54 PM BST

Stewart Lee doing topical comedy? I can't imagine anything stranger. He wasn't terrible on HIGNFY, but it's not really his forte, is it?

I'm sure he could do some good bits and pieces.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ September 7 2010, 12:41 PM BST

*patiently awaits BCG article*

Here you are: https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/10_oclock_live/

Thank God! We don't see enough of Jimmy Carr or David Mitchell thesedays. Just a pity they couldn't get Michael McIntyre on board in order to tick the "new talent" box.

No chance - it's Channel 4, they would ask Peter Kay.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ September 7 2010, 3:50 PM BST

No chance - it's Channel 4, they would ask Peter Kay.

Peter Kay's far too busy preparing his new live DVD - he's sat atop a vast pile of 'Live At Blackpool Tower' DVDs, crossing out the words 'Blackpool Tower' and writing 'Manchester' in its place.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ September 7 2010, 1:03 PM BST

Pity they didn't use this opportunity to break/build some new talent, rather than rely on the same old faces.

Yeah, because Tonightly and The TNT Show worked just SO freaking well for them!

Quote: Nat Wicks @ September 7 2010, 1:56 PM BST

I assumed you were my age because your avatar is from a movie which was popular with 13 year olds in 2000. ;)

As someone who was 13 in 2000, I'd like to state that I've never heard of that movie, let alone seen it. Are you sure it wasn't just an aspirational thing for you northerners?

Actually, not many people up here saw it either. It was loosely used for the video of Teenage Dirtbag though- I'm sure everyone saw that.