Come Fly With Me - Series 1 Page 17

Like Shane Warne said of Monty Panesar that it felt like he had played his first test thirty three times I think the same could be applied to this series; it felt like one episode repeated six times over...Oh hang on, I've been watching a repeat. ;)

I'll watch tonight's repeat as overall I've enjoyed it. However I do think a new series is stretching it a bit and they should move on to another "sit".

Bit odd it being on the news, but I'm surprised by the negative reaction (not so much here, but elsewhere like on Twitter).

I mean, it's a massive ratings hit - of course the BBC are going to give it another series. A statistic I saw said 17 million people have seen episode one now, when taking into account viewing across all media outlets (e.g. iPlayer etc)... and with more than 5 million regular viewers, it's one of the most watched comedy shows of the last five years (to compare: The Trip got less than a million by the end).

Quote: Corey O'Graffor @ January 29 2011, 6:06 PM GMT

It felt like one episode repeated six times over...

A few people have said this... but, to be fair, they have introduced new characters each week (like the couple that run the pub in the last episode). Meanwhile other characters, like Tommy, have been given on-going storylines.

There's also some little mini sketches in amongst everything, like the disabled wheelchair pusher - that made me laugh as it got more and more ridiculous.

Wow, as an outsider (looking at my post count) I just wanted to say some of you seem to have a rather high opinion of yourselves.

This has been a very funny show, and to dismiss the viewing figures as "oh must be readers of the Sun" seems a bit offensive.

I can understand it's not everyone's cup of tea, but you don't have to be a chav to enjoy it.

I think there are some other people here who aren't afraid to say they enjoyed it. The rest of 'em are up themselves though, I agree. ;)

Really great show... and I so wanted to hate it as David Walliams is Sick. Its social commentary was spot on and I enjoyed the way it lambasted political correctness.

It was a programme that told pretty much everyone to F-off (in the most delightful way!).

With all due respect

social commentary - yeah, riiight.

It just isn't funny.

Dull, unoriginal - look I'm funny! comedy.

It's just a public school piss take.

Skoob.

Quote: Jolley @ January 31 2011, 9:04 PM GMT

Really great show... and I so wanted to hate it as David Walliams is Sick.

Exactly like this.

Apologies to all you haters. You have my sympathies. Normally I'd stand in a queue to hate David Walliams and I tuned in to this with a week's worth of old git bile to offload ... but I couldn't.

I laughed ... and then again. And stayed stuck in my seat right to the end.

Possible return to Rock Profiles form?

Quote: Rico El Vista @ January 29 2011, 2:57 PM GMT

... although I happily count myself amongst the 54 million or so UK citizens who won't be bothering to watch it...

This is an ace way of getting viewing figures! How many people *didn't* watch a thing! :)

I liked it. I'm glad it's coming back. It's funny.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ February 3 2011, 4:27 PM GMT

I liked it. I'm glad it's coming back. It's funny.

:) I second that.

Me three, it's LOADS better than I expected; Lucas and Walliams have most definitely got their groove back on.

(And that's a fact.)

Just bought the DVD for 2 swiss francs. That's less than 1.5 £. I'm not the world's biggest Walliams/Lucas fan but at this price I give it a go.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ September 29 2012, 5:06 PM BST

Just bought the DVD for 2 swiss francs. That's less than 1.5 £. I'm not the world's biggest Walliams/Lucas fan but at this price I give it a go.

You was robbed :D

Anyone else noticed they nicked the "if you'll pardon the pun" , "what pun?" catchphrase from A Bit of Fry & Laurie?

I heard this show was a bit controversial because of the "blackening up". I didn't find it offensive (ok, I'm not black, old or fat, but anyway) but pretty bland and lazy. Some of the (weak) jokes seemed to be only an excuse for dressing up.