Come Fly With Me - Series 1 Page 16

For some reason I find the complaining couple's surname being "Surname" the funniest bit of this series. The coffee "lady" was missing this week.

All finished.

Improved after what I thought was a poor start on Christmas Day.

But that said, won't be disappointed if it doesn't return.

Quote: bigfella @ January 28 2011, 9:23 PM GMT

But that said, won't be disappointed if it doesn't return.

'So... no "return flight" for you then, Mr Bigfella...?'

*smarmy, whimsical laughter in the manner of That's Life resident git Cyril Fletcher*

Pleased

I absolutely love, during the Peter and Judith bits, just watching Matt while David is ranting on. His (almost frozen-faced) reactions are PRICELESS! Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Quote: bigfella @ January 28 2011, 9:23 PM GMT

Won't be disappointed if it doesn't return.

:) Great news in my opinion https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000451/come_fly_with_me_series_2/

It must be a slow news day. The 12 noon bulletin in the Graham Norton show on Radio 2 ran an item on Come Fly With Me having been recommissioned; stating that it pulled an average of 8 million viewers per show over the six episodes.

I don't think I've ever heard anything like that before in a mainstream news bulletin. It was just odd and it would seem that Auntie was making a point of saying "Up yer pipe!" to the show's many detractors and the controversy courted after the first episode.

Matt & David must have a lot of well-connected friends who walk the BBC corridors of power.

The audience figures speak for themselves and of course they are well connected there, David Walliams and Matt Lucas.

Quote: James Cotter @ January 29 2011, 12:29 PM GMT

The audience figures speak for themselves and of course they are well connected there, David Walliams and Matt Lucas.

For sure, but to warrant running it as a news item?

*Adopts knowing expression and winks*

Quote: Blenkinsop @ January 29 2011, 12:32 PM GMT

For sure, but to warrant running it as a news item?

*Adopts knowing expression and winks*

I agree on that, it's hardly a mainstream news item (unless it was part of the entertainment news).

Quote: James Cotter @ January 29 2011, 12:33 PM GMT

I agree on that, it's hardly a mainstream news item (unless it was part of the entertainment news).

It wasn't in an entertainment segment, it was just the final item of a main bulletin so really quite odd (IMO)

;) ;)

Quote: Griff @ January 29 2011, 12:38 PM GMT

Seriously Blenk have you not noticed this before? It's far from unusual for the BBC to run its own press releases as part of the "news". And even when the BBC is utterly tangential to, say, a big political news story, the whole piece is often written along the lines "The BBC has learned..." / "Revealed on the Today programme this morning..." etc as if the big news is that someone spoke to the BBC, rather than what they said or what happened.

Yeah Griff I know that they do that sort of thing all the time. But this one - where and when it was broadcast - just stuck out like a sore thumb. In a two minute bulletin with all the real news going on it was just crowbarred in seemeingly to make a point.

In longer news shows etc (TV or Radio) or as James suggests, in an entertainment segment, then of course, but here I really think they were just flicking the Vs at the knockers (Oh Matron! Fnar fnar)

EDIT:

It's been dropped from the 1 o'clock!

A deft blow to The Man from the little bloke and the BCG ;) Laughing out loud

I watched two episodes of this on iPlayer, and while it was pleasantly bearable, I never felt it worth the effort of downloading it in HD again, in fact I forgot all about it over the past couple of weeks. 8 million viewers is not to be sneezed at in this day and age however - although I happily count myself amongst the 54 million or so UK citizens who won't be bothering to watch it: I am not prepared to sacrifice 30 minutes of my leisure time viewing this indifferent, 'cosily-chucklesome' fodder. Happily, there are far more pleasurable diversions in this life than watching the likes of this show: or there SHOULD be!

To those of you who enjoy it: best of British; you're welcome to it, but personally I'm looking out for something more gripping and hard-hitting...looks like I'm in for a long wait, if this show is an example of the BBC's 'showcase' talent.

Happy viewing!

Wow! What earth-shattering news to hear that this has been given a 2nd series...

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000451/come_fly_with_me_series_2/

'[Danny] Cohen told the blog: "Come Fly With Me has been a huge hit with audiences. I can't wait to see what Matt and David will do with the second series."'

Yeah, Danny, maybe they'll turn their back on broad sketch comedy and make it a dark, gritty airport-based psychodrama?

They might.

Quote: Rico El Vista @ January 29 2011, 2:57 PM GMT

To those of you who enjoy it: best of British; you're welcome to it

I'm really not sure that even L&W themselves would describe the show as "best of British".