Panellists who annoy you Page 6

Quote: zooo @ September 14 2010, 10:22 PM BST

Was it that no dog could like Marmite?

I think it was something like that, wasn't Gilbert saying we don't know if all dogs don't like Marmite, and Mitchell found the idea incredible.

Yes, it was a bit silly.
I generally really enjoy his rants, though.

Quote: zooo @ September 14 2010, 10:24 PM BST

Yes, it was a bit silly.
I generally really enjoy his rants, though.

Me too. Apart from his recent episode of soap box, when he said grown ups shouldn't watch Dr Who as it's for little kids. *Shakes adult fist*

The silly sausage.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 14 2010, 10:27 PM BST

Me too. Apart from his recent episode of soap box, when he said grown ups shouldn't watch Dr Who as it's for little kids. *Shakes adult fist*

Yes, he's a very wise man indeed. :)

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 14 2010, 10:27 PM BST

When he was on Desert Island Discs, I seem to remember he talked about how he first became interested in being funny as a child, because it felt clever. I got the overwhelming feeling that here was a man still living with the childlike feeling that he needs to be big and clever, and his dismissal of what he imagines to be kids' shows fits in with this impression.

Quote: AngieBaby @ September 14 2010, 9:38 PM BST

That's what I'm talking about. DM seems to have a 'need' to win, and is a bit of an intellectual snob.

That's his schtick, though. The "character" he plays on panel shows.

Charlie Brooker
Jack Whitehall (he can be quite funny but his voice and demeanor screams punch me 18 times, please)
That Iranian woman who always goes on about being Iranian - I always forget her name but she is so fricking predictable.

I'll be back :D

Charlie Brooker is perfect in anything he is in.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ September 15 2010, 1:16 PM BST

Charlie Brooker is perfect in anything he is in.

That's what Konnie said. Smarmy

I was wondering how long that would take :)

Konnie said that too.

Jeremy Hardy. On ISIHAC he's okay because he stays away from politics, but on everything else he just sounds like an angry left-wing sixth former.

Quote: zooo @ September 15 2010, 1:22 PM BST

Konnie said that too.

Laughing out loud What an odd looking couple though, imo. Maybe they teamed up just to sign a lucrative contract with 'Freaky Looking Couples' magazine.

Quote: chipolata @ September 20 2010, 8:56 AM BST

Jeremy Hardy. On ISIHAC he's okay because he stays away from politics, but on everything else he just sounds like an angry left-wing sixth former.

He's not alone in that.