Sex Lives of the Potato Men: Crude or a Classic?

Do you think this film is a vile crude unfunny film. Or a very funny film?

I haven't seen it.

Just another example of why people should either give up on British cinema or take away the equipment of current British filmmakers and give it to someone else for a change.

I wouldn't say it was a classic, but I bought it during my ILOVEMARKGATISS phase, and it was quite funny! In a mega crude way.

Very funny.

Quote: zooo @ August 18 2010, 5:59 PM BST

I wouldn't say it was a classic, but I bought it during my ILOVEMARKGATISS phase, and it was quite funny! In a mega crude way.

Surely you are still in that phase Zoo?

The film isn't as bad as people make out (unsurprising given the excellent cast) but witty, it ain't.

Well I still love his stuff, but one can't keep up that level of over-excitement.

It stars some ever watchable stars. But the jokes are so non existent it could be a Mike Leigh film he made on heavy cold medication.

When it came out it was treated as the spawn of satan, but I thought it was a watchable daft Friday night laugh after a few pints and some smoke (yes high praise indeed).

I'm sorry but checking out the private parts of a woman in a coma in hospital, is very childish , stupid and I am sorry again but it made me laugh.

Appallingly crude film.

Sex-comedy can be hilarious if well-written but this was beneath contempt.

Crude.

I don't mind crudity and I'm no fan of broadsheet comedy critics so I gave this the benefit of the doubt - but it was a benefit fraudster. Not so much the crudity as the witless, mind-numbingly repetetive nature of it. Awful. Grim. Banal.

The most frightning thing is that a large team of people gave up several months of their lives on something like this firmly believing that it was worth it and everything would be ok. It's not even like the performers needed the exposure.

... cracking soundtrack, though!

Crude...but...a classic scene...prostitute with calculator working out how much to charge the client considering he has brought his own jam!!! Honestly! I though I was going to expire!

Crude but still funny though...I guess everything brings debate. Only thing to reproach: it's a bit light (I mean stupid) lol

As a 21st Century take on a Confessions style British sex comedy I thought it was superb.