Angry comedy Page 3

Maybe you should go with "mildly irritated by everything" seems to work for an awful lot of telly stand ups...

Rhod Gilbert would be the closest thing to an Angry British man for me, but he does tend to direct his anger towards the world at large rather than any particular audience.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ July 12 2011, 8:39 AM BST

For myself, as a comedian, I find that people don't laugh at me when I'm angry. I also find that they don't laugh at me when I'm not angry. I have not learned anything from this.

your not a very good comedian? or are you an exceptional comedian and that is the joke? because if it is then it's not a very good joke. Pleased ;)

Quote: Frankie Rage @ July 12 2011, 8:39 AM BST

For myself, as a comedian, I find that people don't laugh at me when I'm angry. I also find that they don't laugh at me when I'm not angry. I have not learned anything from this.

You should keep your comic endeavours to the stage, DvD or paid appearance.
*pauses*
Rather than randomly blurting out comic repartee.

Hi all, new to this website, just found it. If you like your comedians angry and live in or around the Leeds area, we at Mr Bens have got Lee Camp doing his full edingburgh show. None of you will have heard of him, but George Carlins daughter has likened him to her Dad..Lee is going to blow big in the UK..

here is some stuff on him here,

Date...1st September Mr bens Comedy Club Leeds

' Lee Camp is Another American Mistake '.

Lee will be performing his full Edingburgh show at Mr Ben's. Some of you might have heard his name being bandied about. Tickets will be on sale very soon and they will start to go once word gets around about his work.

A taster clip here of im at Carolines broadway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge5_yAoS ... 9AE9F3C1ED

He also went on Fox news and gave them something to think about. Clip here of him on The Green Room with Paul Provenza.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWnOMmvJ-2g

Kelly Carlin, George Carlins daughter introduces him on his first comedy album ' Chaos for the Weary ' and compares him to her dad which is not something she will willy nilly bandy about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PksKPxKGhxw

As soon as tickets are up, I will post here, grab them while you can, this will be a blast.

Some reviews of his stuff.

A rapid-fire angrily opinionated thought-provoking adrenaline rush of laughs and verbal fireworks. Come see the comic who called Fox News a 'parade of propaganda and festival of ignorance' live on their own network as he brings his solo show to the Fringe for the first time. 'This US star is already developing a reputation for fearless comedy ... He gets our seal of approval' (Time Out). 'A comedy evangelist sermonising from his soapbox' (Guardian).

" In an age of fifteen-minute celebrities and empty entertainments, Lee Camp brings art back to the stand-up stage. His full length CD, Chaos for the Weary, rife with startling juxtapositions and keen cultural insight shines a light on social injustice, economic disparity and rampant consumerism, as Camp keeps the laughs coming with machine gun delivery and sports-tuned timing."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The Huffington Post

"This is stand up the way I loved it when I was a kid. This is the art form that gave us Lenny Bruce and George Carlin (whose daughter Kelly introduces Camp on the CD), Lord Buckley and Bill Hicks. Only Camp is the new generation, building on what came before and filtering it through the hyperactive mind of a child of the MTV generation. Each new thought leads him to an attention-deficient verbal montage of images and ideas that would seem to be pure stream-of-consciousness were it not so elegantly constructed."

"In his exploration of American history and the way it is taught, Camp talks about how the truth is more interesting than fabrication and he proves it on this CD. It's not just more interesting. It is, as Ms. Carlin says in his introduction, really f**king funny."

==========================================================

"From time to time, you hear a new comedy album or see a new comedy special on TV from a comic that changes the game. Louis C.K. comes to mind in recent years, George Carlin and Bill Hicks in years past. When these comics come along, they remind you that comedy is alive and well. They remind you that you don't have to sit at home and be forced to settle for mediocre comedy. And for comics, along with all of the above, they make you want to be a better comic. Well, that time has come around again with the release of Chaos For The Weary from Lee Camp."

"It isn't just mindless dick jokes and bullshit pop culture references to feed the sheep that flock to a lot of the comedy that exists today. It is genuinly funny stuff that makes you think. And the jokes come rapid fire and almost all hit 100%."

"He is politically minded but not on a soap box and knows how to use pop culture to his advantage without it just being a shïtty reference. I honestly cannot say enough good things about the album. I have struggled to find something shïtty about it after a few listens through and I just can't. And I f**king tried."

----------------------------------------------------------

The new release from Lee Camp, Chaos for the Weary, is stand-up done right. Although it opens up with an introduction and stamp of approval from Kelly Carlin comparing Camp to her legendary father George, Camp is his own voice with a unique approach to the craft.

He begins the album with a passionate rant about people over 50 ("In the big bag of trail mix, they ate the peanuts and the M&Ms and left us with f***in' raisins") and he doesn't let up. Camp is angry, he's frustrated, and he's got a lot on his mind, but he says it all with a smile in his voice that lets you know he hasn't lost all hope. Although things in the world seem to be spiraling out of control, they're still kinda funny.

Like a well-seasoned boxer, Camp has learned that when you're in the ring, it's all about pacing. Each of the tracks onChaos begins with a simple one-liner that comes from left field and tags the audience on the chin. It's not a knock-out punch, but it packs enough of a wallop to let us know he's running the show. It's fast and comes from nowhere and while the audience is staggering with laughter, Camp jumps in with a flurry of body blows as his delivery becomes more passionate, louder, and nearing manic levels. The pace becomes quicker, sentences run together, and the only break we get from the onslaught of funny is the quarter-second it takes Camp to take a breath. Camp is light on his feet, smoothly transitioning from Radio Shack - and wondering why it's still in business - to Facebook to vintage T-shirts to Hallmark cards all within one hilarious minute. And then, just as you're about to feel your feet collapse from beneath you, the bell rings and it's back to your corner.

And then it starts over again. One-liner, laughter, BAM! jokesjokesjokesjokesjokesjokes, pause....one-liner, POW! funnyfunnyfunnyfunnyfunny. On and on, Camp has it all timed out perfectly. He knows just how long to go before he brings us down, letting us compose ourselves, before he starts in again. His comedy is like the inverse-bell curve chart Sean T uses on the infomercials for the Insanity workout program: 4 minutes intervals of intense comin-right-at-ya 100% comedy followed by a short rest period, and then....off we go for round 2.

Camp covers the gamut and is just as funny talking about the mundane (questioning the necessity of the rubber grips on a toothbrush handle) as he is when he tackles bigger issues (how he would protest if he were 80 and not allowed to pull the plug on his life support).

Unlike a championship fight, however, the action doesn't slow down as we approach the final round. There's no lumbering around, no excessive leaning on the ropes. Camp is just as on fire throughout the 15th track as he was in the first. If I didn't know any better, I'd think his corner man had spiked the water bottle with Red Bull and espresso shots.

Chaos is 57 minutes of comedy at its finest. When you see a good boxer in the ring, you see there's more to it than just hitting someone else. It's called The Sweet Science for a reason. Likewise, Camp proves there is much more to comedy than knock-knock jokes and tiptoeing around hecklers. Listening to Chaos makes you realize there is a process to it, a thought-out approach, and Camp elevates making people laugh to his own sweet science. Loud, angry, furious science.

Lewis Black is Mr Angry for adults ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXS5GBuk-GQ

Quote: Mr Bens @ August 14 2011, 11:45 AM BST

A taster clip here of im at Carolines broadway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge5_yAoS ... 9AE9F3C1ED

He also went on Fox news and gave them something to think about. Clip here of him on The Green Room with Paul Provenza.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWnOMmvJ-2g

I was going to do a thread on this guy after seeing loads of his footage, and hearing about Kelly Carlin saying he reminded him of her dad (George) but a search brought up this post. Anyway, that fox news clip is brilliant. "A festival of ignorance" Wonderful.

Anyone who gives a shit about seeing a comedian rock the boat a little bit should watch it.

I often find that you can often be funnier when your annoyed or upset about something as opposed to being joyful or contented.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ August 20 2011, 1:52 AM BST

I often find that you can often be funnier when your annoyed or upset about something as opposed to being joyful or contented.

Definitely. Definitely. I think comedy is thinly disguised anger and bemusement.

I've got this guy on my headphones now after downloading everything off YouTube. One of those 'Holy Shit' moments where you discover someone who's brilliant at what they do. I would love to see this guy's show, although I don't have money to eat and my internet bill is 3 months overdue, so, I'm gonna screw my download usage completely before o2 cut me off. At least I'll starve to death listening to good stand up.

I'm suspicious of happy people. They're either in psychotropic denial or have not yet faced the cynical realities of heartbreak, rejection, cruelty, bitterness and spite.

I'm pretty pissed off about using the word often far too often in that previous sentence.

Go me & my rage!

I often find that you can often be funnier when your often annoyed or often upset often about something as opposed to often being joyful or contented. Often.

This may usher in a new era of artistic reinvention, 'Darker Hate Fuelled' Sunshine material. Where one person dies, or at least, badly hurt.

Like Eminem in his 'The Way I Am' phase.

Quote: Jack Daniels @ August 20 2011, 2:26 AM BST

This may usher in a new era of artistic reinvention, 'Darker Hate Fuelled' Sunshine material.

I'm going to rewrite my Care Bear Sketch, and this time around someone's gonna get it!
I mean "get it" in a violent way, not in a comedic sense.

;) Where you two out on the streets during riots?

Are you expecting summons anytime?

No, think you are 'armchair anarchists'

All talk no action?

Have you submitted a comedy sketch about riots?

Well if not why not? with all that testosterone going to waste.

Rolling eyes

Bless your little cotton socks.

I do sense a great deal of latent rage from your sketches. ;)