Which sitcom character would you most like to be?

If you could be a sitcom character, who would you go for? I'd definetly go for Gary Sparrow from 'Goodnight Sweetheart' because he can time travel.

Sounds a bit weird, but sometimes I'd quite like to be Sue in Outnumbered.

Or maybe Karen...

Basically anyone in Outnumbered.

Edmund Blackadder. Although there could be five or six characters with the same name. But if it's the same one it means the man keeps coming back to life. What I'm saying is I would like immortality and a idiot to hit on the head and insult when I want to.

Quote: James Cotter @ August 2 2010, 12:08 PM BST

Edmund Blackadder. Although there could be five or six characters with the same name. But if it's the same one it means the man keeps coming back to life. What I'm saying is I would like immortality and a idiot to hit on the head and insult when I want to.

You'd have to have that ridiculous haircut though in your first life.

Quote: Jack Massey @ August 2 2010, 12:21 PM BST

You'd have to have that ridiculous haircut though in your first life.

True Eh?

Sir Humphry Appleby has a not bad life. I could cope with that. In a similar vein I would Malcolm Tucker's fearlessness when it comes to confrontation.

I am a sitcom character,

Maybe Tim in Spaced. Or Seinfeld in the sitcom he was in, I forget its name.

I'd like to be Jerry in the Good Life as I always fancied Margo to be a bit of a goer. Smarmy

I'd be the Fonz. He gets to do all the f**king and that. And he can operate machinery just by hitting it.

Cool Ayyyyyyy!!!

I'd also say Gary Sparrow so I could go back to the 1940s (50s now).

Wouldn't mind being David or Ben from 2point4 Children either though.

Or even the grown up DJ in Roseanne.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 2 2010, 12:37 PM BST

Maybe Tim in Spaced.

So, given all that choice, you'd be a recently dumped, unsuccessful comic artist with a crippling fear of dogs?

Except for the mother issues, it always looks as though Jack Donaghy's having a lot of fun on 30 Rock.

BTW, I was rewatching Alec Baldwin's famous scene from Glengarry Glen Ross the other day and was surprised to discover how much his voice has changed over the years...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-AXTx4PcKI

Good call on Donaghy. I'd be happy with that big man-bear's life.

I'd like to be Albert in 'Steptoe & Son'.

In fact, in many/most respects, I already am!

Of course, he's dead..

Failing that, and coming slightly more up to date, I'd like to have been anyone in Red Dwarf.

Papa Lazarou. Only I'd steal husbands instead of wives.