Goodnight Sweetheart - let's try to bring it back

Hi Folks

Yes... This is what I would like to say, a possible return of one of the best TV series in the 1990s: Goodnight Sweetheart.

It is such a great series and I'm sure that with help this can be brought back to TVs accross the country.

I response to this I have recently setup a group and discussion page on Facebook with a digital petition to sign which can be sent to either Nicholas OR BBC Head office to try and get this show back on the air.

This is no wind up this is honest fan work! And I'm not the only one who wishes this show was still on today.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=139598376072238

Regards
Rob

No it was rubbish. Let's start a campaign to have it banned by international law, the sets burned and the actors killed.

And lets kill Nicholas Lyndhurst twice. Just to be sure.

I kind of liked it as a kid. But I don't really miss it now. Maybe a drama version of the same idea, may work better? But probably not.

We'd only moan about how it didn't match up to the original if it did come back. Best left alone in my opinion. :)

It would only ever work as a 2 part special, nothing more.

Massive fan of the show since it started but it would be a mistake to have a full time return.

I thought they were making a musical anyway.

A great show, which I've recently been re-watching on DVD.

Anyway robert92, you may be glad to know that the writers - at least one of whom is a member here, and may respond to this thread in due course - are working on producing a musical production of the show, so your wishes for another outing may not go unfulfilled.

Quote: sootyj @ July 31 2010, 8:25 PM BST

No it was rubbish. Let's start a campaign to have it banned by international law, the sets burned and the actors killed.

And lets kill Nicholas Lyndhurst twice. Just to be sure.

Slightly worrying but I agree with Soot. This was a pile of crap IMHO

Why are people worried to agree with me?

I'm not David Korresh.

He had friends.

Is it because you is mental?

I really liked the show at the time, but I can't see it being brought back. Perhaps the idea could be revisited in a completely new show, but I'd be very surprised if a continuation of the original sprang onto our TV sets.

Plus, it already lasted longer than the war - nevermind the gap to now since Series 6 ended.

Noooooo please don't bring it back. My husband barely moves from the couch as it is.

Quote: Aaron @ July 31 2010, 11:11 PM BST

Plus, it already lasted longer than the war - nevermind the gap to now since Series 6 ended.

I think it could work as a 2 or 3 parter where Gary finds he can return to the present and he gets stopped by somebody at the time gate thingy who informs him he has 1 week before he has to go back or stay and then it will close again for good. He could visit Yvvone (who will give him that well deserved slap) and Ron and can then go back to the past knowing he has resolved the unresolved issues in the future, or he can fake his death in the past and move back to the future.

I quite liked the ending of series six. I felt that it fitted. It would be like bringing back Only Fools and Horses after the 1996 trilogy. Huh?

I've currently been rewatching this on DVD and I'm up to the first episode on Series 6 at the minute. I have to say, it for me is the definate sitcom for sitcoms that just got better as they went along, with every series being better than the previous one. Some very touching moments aswell, such as in an episode I watched yesterday when Gary met a 97 year old Reg in an old peoples home suffering from dementia.
Reg and Ron are my favourite two characters in it and there were so many great episodes, such as 'The Leaving of Liverpool' 'When Two Words Collide' and the great two parter 'We don't want to Lose you' and 'But we think we're going to have to' where Gary has to take on the Nazis with help from the French resistence. Another great episode also was 'The Ouses Between Us' where Gary time travels back to the 1888, where he takes on Jack the Ripper.
As for bringing it back, I'd probably leave it be. It lasted long enough, it bowed out in cracking form and it would be a shame to ruin it by bringing it back.