Most annoying comedy catchphrase Page 2

'Only me!!!'

Very annoying when 'done' by work colleagues, some 20 years after the event.

The Fast Show catchphrases don't annoy me. But maybe that's because I was only a wee babby at the time, so probably didn't know any better.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ July 26 2010, 1:24 PM BST

The Fast Show catchphrases don't annoy me. But maybe that's because I was only a wee babby at the time, so probably didn't know any better.

They didn't annoy me at all at the time. I didn't see it.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ July 26 2010, 1:04 PM BST

'Only me!!!'

Very annoying

Ah, so it's not only me.
Oops

Quote: Nogget @ July 26 2010, 2:20 PM BST

Ah, so it's not only me.
Oops

Now, I do not think you wanted to do it like that! (etc)

People surely don't still slip those ones into conversation, do they?

I imagine they're chronically unfunny types who haven't seen any other comedy in the last 10-15 years and think it's "fun". I bet they even describe themselves as "fun".

Back on topic- ANYTHING from Little Brittain. Especial "no but yer but" and "computer says no".

But unfortunately server is not free and I'm paying for it from my pocket. But do not worry. Server will stay alive even without your donations. But if you want to help - why not?
I have a PayPal account, but I'm from Russia so I can't use it for accepting payments :( But I can think of another ways of donation:

pathetic attempt at spam removed by the zooominator

Quote: pathfinder @ July 28 2010, 11:10 AM BST

But unfortunately server is not free and I'm paying for it from my pocket. But do not worry. Server will stay alive even without your donations. But if you want to help - why not?
I have a PayPal account, but I'm from Russia so I can't use it for accepting payments :( But I can think of another ways of donation:

Your right, that is an annoying catchphrase. Long, too.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ July 26 2010, 12:55 PM BST

Indeed, or infuriatingly in my dad's case, Michael Owens.

My wife's dead Nan also used to talk a lot about Michael Owens. Completly off topic but people who go to B&Qs and Bootes Angry

Quote: Will Cam @ July 28 2010, 11:35 AM BST

My wife's dead Nan also used to talk a lot about Michael Owens. Completly off topic but people who go to B&Qs and Bootes Angry

Was that through a medium?

Quote: zooo @ July 26 2010, 4:09 PM BST

People surely don't still slip those ones in, do they?

Only in their own privacy.

Watching Time Gentlemen Please and every character has their own catchphrase that they slip in in each episode. I've been watching them back to back.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ July 26 2010, 1:26 PM BST

They didn't annoy me at all at the time. I didn't see it.

Was that during your 'not owning a TV' phase?

"Computer says no" always irritated me like a nettle may.

I don't think Tina Fey's "I want to go to there" catchphrase, on 30 Rock, works at all, but she keeps saying it. Someone should just tell her to scrap it, unless they're all too scared to tell her.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ July 26 2010, 4:31 PM BST

Back on topic- ANYTHING from Little Brittain. Especial "no but yer but" and "computer says no".

Yes. Also, "Am I bovvered?" It wasn't funny the first time, why on earth the audience laughed every time I'll never know.

Quote: bamalamafizzvaj @ July 28 2010, 7:04 PM BST

Yes. Also, "Am I bovvered?" It wasn't funny the first time, why on earth the audience laughed every time I'll never know.

Well that's the whole point of catchphrases, they are intended to become funny through repetition.