Most annoying comedy catchphrase

What comedy catchphrase has really annoyed you over the years?

Every single one.

Big society.

Garlic (bloody) bread.

I don't even get it, to be honest.

Anything from the Catherine Tate/Little Britain school of comedy where they think up the catchphrases and then, at the last minute, bang out a few 'sketches' to put them in.

Quote: zooo @ July 26 2010, 12:20 AM BST

Garlic (bloody) bread.

I don't even get it, to be honest.

Cheesecake.
I've got an elderly relative who actually expresses the same opinion which Peter Kay lampoons. She is so stuck in the past that she can't believe the concept of a cheese cake. And she's completely unaware of garlic anyway, having lived entirely on variations of WW2 rations for the last 70 years.

"How very dare you" is the one that annoys me the most, but certainly is not the most damaging.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ July 26 2010, 11:07 AM BST

"How very dare you" is the one that annoys me the most, but certainly is not the most damaging.

Heh. Trouble is I find myself saying it occasionally. :(

Suits you.

Not so much in the show but when everyone says it, much like most catchphrases, they're not too bad until they get caught.

Quote: scratchyr @ July 26 2010, 11:35 AM BST

Suits you.

Not so much in the show but when everyone says it, much like most catchphrases, they're not too bad until they get caught.

Especially as the catchphrase was actually "Suit you".

Quote: Nogget @ July 26 2010, 9:08 AM BST

Cheesecake.
I've got an elderly relative who actually expresses the same opinion which Peter Kay lampoons. She is so stuck in the past that she can't believe the concept of a cheese cake. And she's completely unaware of garlic anyway, having lived entirely on variations of WW2 rations for the last 70 years.

You're related to the Queen?

Quote: Tony Cowards @ July 26 2010, 11:42 AM BST

Especially as the catchphrase was actually "Suit you".

:D Yeah much better without the S

Quote: scratchyr @ July 26 2010, 11:50 AM BST

:D Yeah much better without the S

Just being a pedant and pointing out the fact that people quote it incorrectly, much the same as people who think it's "Sex in the City" or that Humphrey Bogart said "Play it again Sam", etc.

Trivial Pursuits

Quote: scratchyr @ July 26 2010, 12:30 PM BST

Trivial Pursuits

Indeed, or infuriatingly in my dad's case, Michael Owens.