The all-in-one consolidated Tour De France thread Page 5

I have never watched the Tour De France before - but it was FANTASTIC! WOW! What a finish too!

I'm in Lancashire tonight and the local news is going berzerk.

Well done mr Wiggins. Its great to see the olympics off to such a start and the power of sport to pull people together.

That said sorry Godot I have no interest in competative anything.

Just call me Harrison Bergstrom.

;) Think it has inspired Godot to remove his 'trainer wheels' and go for the ride down the street!

Quote: sootyj @ July 23 2012, 6:37 PM BST

I'm in Lancashire tonight

My radar should have picked that up, must change the batteries!

Or....My Lord Sootyj where will you deliver your seed?

Quote: sootyj @ July 23 2012, 6:37 PM BST

I'm in Lancashire tonight

2nd British winner in a row maybe?
I've heard that last stage is quite tough though, so who knows.

Yes, he's going to finish soon...

Whoops, he's fallen over.

Can we bring it back to Kent some time soon as well?

You wait a hundred or so years for a British winner of the Tour de France and then two come along at once. Or within a year of each other at least.

:D Bloody well done!!

Let's wait for the blood tests.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ July 21 2013, 9:33 PM BST

Most sensible chat up line I've heard in a while

Laughing out loud

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ July 21 2013, 9:33 PM BST

You miserable f**king c**t.

This is what a dirty rider looks like:

Four-eyed Swiss champion and drug cheat Alex Zulle.

I was only saying "Let's wait...". Maybe Froome (and all the the other cyclists of the peloton) have more in common with the likes of Zülle, Armstrong etc. as you think.

There's no need to wait for anything. That's not how winning works.

I think this was one of the cleanest tours I've ever seen. No-one was thrown out for testing positive along the way, former cheats and banned riders like Contador and Valverde didn't dominate. Froome road an excellent tactical race and showed credible power on the climbs and in the TTs.

All that aside from the fact that he is part of the most successful team of recent years which is known to aggregate all scientific and technical advantages it can, train long and hard and plan meticulously.

Why would you think he was dirty? Why would he be? Because Armstrong was and he won the tour? That's a logical fallacy.

1. Keep your hair on.
2.I read an article that claimed that Froome's wattage during one of the hardest stages was way over the normal limit (without drugs) and that it was comparable to Armstrong's and Ullrich's during the "dark years".

P.S.: The list of Swiss doping offenders of the 90s and 00s is endless (Zülle, Rominger, Richard, Camenzind etc.). I wasn't saying: We don't cheat, all the others do. I'm saying: The whole cycling circuit is cheating and it will take many years before it can rightfully claim to be clean.