The all-in-one consolidated Tour De France thread Page 4

No change in the overall lead today. Wiggins still with 1.53 minutes on his nearest rival.

:D Thought you would emerge for this! Great news, Wiggins outburst at the Press Conference was well funny! How is Chris Froome doing?

Fantastic win by Mark Cavendish today, untipped by the pundits. He now has won more sprints than any other rider in the history of the race - an amazing achievement.

With Bradley Wiggins three minutes ahead of his closest rival with a time trial stage to come, Britain is poised to win the Tour De France for the first time - also a colossal achievement. It's taken more than a hundred years and it's not something I was sure I would ever see when I started following the sport in the late eighties.

It's a shame more of you fresh air dodgers weren't more interested in the greatest British sporting victory of the of the last fifty years, but it'll be all over your TVs and newspapers in the next few days so you won't be able to ignore it.

Well done to Cav, Wiggo, Froomie and the team.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ July 20 2012, 7:05 PM BST

It's a shame more of you fresh air dodgers weren't more interested in the greatest British sporting victory of the of the last fifty years, but it'll be all over your TVs and newspapers in the next few days so you won't be able to ignore it.

Au contraire Monsieur Le Taxi, I have been watching it since last week and I'm totally addicted.

Chris Froome has been the real star for the SKY team and once Wiggy steps down / moves on, then he is clearly the next British winner of the Tour.

Well you've got me a bit interested
It seems a bit like formula one though, team orders & all that.

And as an English victory would be so momentous.
Does Wiggins now have to avoid French people who might want to kick him in the calves?

:D Godot at last your happy! Brilliant though despite 'tack-gate twats' The French even accept him!!

What the hell is up with Bradley Wiggins's arms? In a clip they keep showing of him they are skinnier than a 6 year old girl's.

I f**king hate cyclists. What a shit way to spend a day, riding for 200 miles or stood in dirty France watching the f**kers.

Quote: zooo @ July 21 2012, 1:50 PM BST

What the hell is up with Bradley Wiggins's arms? In a clip they keep showing of him they are skinnier than a 6 year old girl's.

I expect his thighs are a bit bigger though.

Wiggo / Wiggy / Wiggers has just smashed the last time trial. He's pretty much won the bloody thing. All he has to do is show up in Paris tomorrow along with Chris Froome and it's a British one-two.

\0/

Cool Really fantastic to have a winner! Yeah! Feel proud to be British :)

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 20 2012, 7:56 PM BST

Au contraire Monsieur Le Taxi, I have been watching it since last week and I'm totally addicted.

Chris Froome has been the real star for the SKY team and once Wiggy steps down / moves on, then he is clearly the next British winner of the Tour.

I'm impressed Carpark. Nicely done.

Froome showed his class in the Tour of Spain last year. He is an exceptional rider. It's difficult to chose between him and Wiggins as they both have different strengths. Froome probably has the edge in the mountains but as you saw today Wiggins in unbeatable against the clock.

The final time trial is usually decisive in the tour but this year it could have been missed out and the final podium remained unchanged. In many ways it has been a boring tour because it has been so predictable because of Wiggins' amazing form. Froome's contracted to Sky until 2014. I can't see Bradley racing in the tour beyond that so they may never be pitted against each other.

Just our luck to have never had a favourite for the GC and then get two at once.

Quote: zooo @ July 21 2012, 1:50 PM BST

Pro cyclists have only about four percent body fat so all you are saying is girls over six have fat arms.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 21 2012, 4:44 PM BST

Wiggo / Wiggy / Wiggers has just smashed the last time trial. He's pretty much won the bloody thing. All he has to do is show up in Paris tomorrow along with Chris Froome and it's a British one-two.

\0/

Yeah it's over, he's won. It's traditional not to challenge the yellow jersey wearer on the last day but it's impossible anyway doing circuits around Paris. All that remains is for Cav to win the sprint and I'm certain he will. Even more records for this extraordinary rider.

If you're a mommy and a daddy called Wiggins, why name your son Bradley ?

Why not John or Michael or Alan ?

The Greatest Living Englishman and Manxman.

It's not about the bike. Or the Drugs.

It's about the massive sideburns.