Make sure a joke writer wins £5000 Page 2

I've never really been one for telling jokes, but I did come up with a really funny, totally original joke, earlier this year. Unfortunately, I can't share it on here because I'm saving it for my sitcom.

Quote: Mark @ July 2 2010, 11:20 PM BST

Ah, you're one of those! My long term plan is to try and get you lot to check out the homepage - it can be interesting sometimes, if I do say so myself!

How about a compromise... come into BCG via this route? ;) https://www.comedy.co.uk/?t=forum

Anyway, I'm going off topic... good luck to Tony and those that do have a self-made joke in this Highlight contest!

I never read the home page either. It's like the Sun - I go straight to the back page - honest!

Voting ends tomorrow at midnight so make sure you make your choice known, we don't want another hung parliament.

Hmm, stuff going on in this, via Twitter:

"Just a reminder - Joke 12 (great rulers) on the #5kgag comp has been withdrawn as a comedian has been able to prove it was his...sorry!"

"Hi all, there's been a large voting irregualrity on one of the #5kgag jokes. As per T&Cs we have withdrawn it in the interests of fair play!"

"@davebromage Joke 6 - I'm taking Steps... It's a real shame, but it wouldn't be fair to everyone else to keep it in the comp. :( "

Joke 6 was at least original (according to Tony at the top of this thread)!

Dan

Good luck with it, Tony.

Quote: swerytd @ July 6 2010, 10:08 AM BST

"Hi all, there's been a large voting irregualrity on one of the #5kgag jokes. As per T&Cs we have withdrawn it in the interests of fair play!"

"@davebromage Joke 6 - I'm taking Steps... It's a real shame, but it wouldn't be fair to everyone else to keep it in the comp. :( "

Joke 6 was at least original (according to Tony at the top of this thread)!

Dan

What does this mean?
Did this one just seem to be getting too many votes?

No idea, to be honest. Don't know any more detail.

'Too many votes' -- yeah, let's kick them out then. It's obviously not the funniest one or anything...

Dan

Just a quick reminder that you only have until midnight tonight to vote!

Support your BCG brethren, myself and @DaveBromage!

http://highlight5kgag.co.uk

Don't let the gag thieves win!

Down with Gag thieves!

Is Dave Bromage a BCGer?
Edit: Apparently I've met him
Or at least seen him do stand up.

This competition is a complete shambles.

There was no stipulation from Highlight that the joke had to be original (the terms and conditions state this),

And yet ...

"Just a reminder - Joke 12 (great rulers) on the #5kgag comp has been withdrawn as a comedian has been able to prove it was his...sorry!"

Ooh just caught this thread at like 23:55 and put some votes in. Tony, if you win by one vote you may buy me a 1995 Jag Stang with the Big Muff fuzzbox Pirate

Come On Tone!

Not literally!

:D Whistling nnocently

This comp looks like a shambles for many reasons (not least that I had some 118 jokes better than some on the shortlist, so I'm gutted to findout about it too late!) - suffice to say I have voted for a Tony Coward gag as I thought it was easily the best of the bunch. Good luck to original gagsters!

Not as gutted as me. I entered with what I assumed where a few of my corkers.

But alas none of mine made the shortlist. I wouldn't mind, but I'd say at least two thirds of that 20 are stolen and ancient jokes, especially the battery acid one. In fact, I recall Jesus telling that one to his disciples.

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ July 7 2010, 2:00 PM BST

Not as gutted as me. I entered with what I assumed where a few of my corkers.

But alas none of mine made the shortlist. I wouldn't mind, but I'd say at least two thirds of that 20 are stolen and ancient jokes, especially the battery acid one. In fact, I recall Jesus telling that one to his disciples.

By my reckoning less than half of the jokes were original and not rehashes of Tim Vine or old pub style jokes.

Personally I don't think the two that I got into the shortlist are the best one's I sent in.