Gavin & Stacey Page 2

I couldn't get into it. It seemed a little too...I don't know. Kind of contrived, really. Although I can see what they were doing. Flowed well. Just not a lot of jokes there, or if there were I missed them!

Not unknown.

a) shes a... b) shes a... and three shes a...

Why can't I think of lines like that?

I hope that wasn't a serious question ajp29. :)

So... no good then? I missed it... was hoping to catch the repeat on Thursday... or at least record it.

Quote: Martin Holmes @ May 14, 2007, 11:36 AM

I hope that wasn't a serious question ajp29. :)

Laughing out loud

Quote: Darren Goldsmith @ May 14, 2007, 2:19 PM

So... no good then? I missed it... was hoping to catch the repeat on Thursday... or at least record it.

I really enjoyed it. Give it a go.

I liked it. Its not laugh-a-minute but a nice story with a few good laughs. I was getting a bit sick of Matthew Horne being in everything but its a role he does well. I will be watching more.

Star spotters will have noticed Julia Davis in episode two. Fantastic lines.

Oh bugger, I didn't watch episode 2.

I thought it was great, really funny, warm and full of great characters plalyed expertly by a really good cast. Watch it without bringing a load of cynical baggage to the table and you might just enjoy it you know.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 14, 2007, 6:05 PM

I thought it was great, really funny, warm and full of great characters plalyed expertly by a really good cast. Watch it without bringing a load of cynical baggage to the table and you might just enjoy it you know.

I agree with that. There are quite a few comedy writer wannabes here that seem to slate everything from the start. Everyone has different tastes when it comes to comedy but I think you have to be quite broad minded and less cynical if you want to write for it. Alternatively, you have to write something better. Good luck.

Don't take my cynical baggage from me, its all i have.

Quote: David Chapman @ May 12, 2007, 10:12 AM

This looks interesting.

I'll make a point of watching it

Well I didn't make much of a point did I?

Very mixed opinions I see so "I'll make a point of watching it" on Thursday.

Am I able to take cynical hand luggage?

Quote: ContainsNuts @ May 14, 2007, 6:56 PM

I agree with that. There are quite a few comedy writer wannabes here that seem to slate everything from the start. Everyone has different tastes when it comes to comedy but I think you have to be quite broad minded and less cynical if you want to write for it. Alternatively, you have to write something better. Good luck.

Hear, hear! I've been thinking (and occasionally saying) the same thing for months now. It's rather indicative, in a way. And, I fear, may very well be keeping our membercount down.

To self 'Think positive thoughts, think positive thoughts'