Shooting Stars - Series 7 Page 19

Quote: zooo @ August 19 2010, 5:02 PM BST

I can't get the 'What's in your bag, Angelos" song out of my head.

I think this needs to be converted into a MP3 for ringtone purposes. Anybody up to speed with this sort of thing? Huh?

Sorry, Percival, but I'm not. Actually, I probably could.

Some other bright spark will do it soon enough.

I didn't see all that much of this series but what I did see was consistently excellent and surprising. Well done to the team for pulling off a great comeback. An early contender for the BCG's "Panel Game or Satire" award 2010, perhaps?

Quote: Badge @ August 20 2010, 1:44 AM BST

I didn't see all that much of this series but what I did see was consistently excellent and surprising. Well done to the team for pulling off a great comeback. An early contender for the BCG's "Panel Game or Satire" award 2010, perhaps?

It's definitely been the best Panel game or satire of the year by far
so It's a shoo in for second place.

You mean if the old QI obsessives get their little voting club in action again?

Well, Shooting Stars will definitely have my vote.

I was surprised when QI won best stand up comedian two years running.

And best comedy drama!

:D

Do the British Comedy Awards have a 'Best Panel Show' award?

And, hey, when's David Mitchell going to appear on Shooting Stars? Or has he already?

Quote: Ben @ August 20 2010, 7:30 PM BST

Do the British Comedy Awards have a 'Best Panel Show' award?

And, hey, when's David Mitchell going to appear on Shooting Stars? Or has he already?

No he hasn't been on SS, I don't think they like comedians being on the show. They like people who won't try and be funny or clever.

I don't think David would want to go on it even if he was asked! Doesn't seem his kind of thing at all. (To be on, I'm not saying he wouldn't watch it.)

Yes, R&M would be shown up by someone like David Mitchell appearing on the show.

They wouldn't be 'shown up', (shown up as what? Don't be a numpty) but I don't think his style of humour/personality would match the show at all.

He'd be far funnier. Basically.

Incorrect!