Lee Nelson's Well Good Show Page 2

I thought I'd hate it, but was pleasantly surprised. As said already, the audience participation is brilliant, he's quite endearing for a chav. I thought the holiday rep character was good, although it made me feel a bit ill with all those people vomiting.

I thought this was a bit of a mess. To me it seemed like they wanted to do something with Simon Brodkin but didn't quite know what format to use to showcase his act.

Having seen him live a few times over the years, I think there has been a gradual dilution. Dr Bob used to be Dr Omprakash and, although more 'un-PC', I think it would have been funnier if this character hadn't been tampered with. Lee Nelson and the footballer characters don't feel particularly original but like a few people have already mentioned the audience interaction parts were probably the most amusing.

Overall it was ok, but I felt an overriding sense of disappointment that something that was funny and successful in its original form wasn't just left as it was and left to either sink or swim on its own merits rather than being fiddled with.

I'll give it another go, but I can't really see it improving.

(End of ramble)

Just seen some of this. Nothing special. He's a decent character actor but the writing isn't anything special. And agree with Giggle about it being a mess.

I agree.
It's nothing special.
But it's not as bad as I was expecting, & there isn't much on BBC3 that is anything special.

I watched the first episode last night. Obviously this isn't really aimed at me but I thought it was pretty good -maybe even 'well good'. The floor stuff was fairly sharply scripted and spontaneous-feeling. It remained unpredictable throughout as well.

Didn't our own Tim Walker work on this show? I hope he didn't write the Dr. Bob/Omprakash bit as that was decidedly uninspired.

I don't feel like I've given it a fair chance so I won't say either way, but the very first part with the audience was so cringe-inducing that I had to turn it off.

Think I'll be giving it a miss.

Even by the largely risible standards of BBC Three, this is a quite staggeringly dreadful show. An embarrassing shambles.

*cough*Ali G rip-off*cough*

Quote: Godot Taxis @ June 19 2010, 2:54 PM BST

Didn't our own Tim Walker work on this show?

No. ;)

However, I did work on BBC Three's The King Is Dead, which will air now in September. (The delay in transmission is a sign of the Beeb's confidence in it, apparently, not because they're trying to bury it.)

Don't forget getting a letter in Viz Tim.
I may start buying it again.

Was this guy on The Wall? I seem to remember the doctor character from that show.