Are You Being Served? DVDs

I read somewhere that the Region 1 DVDs of Are You Being Served? are unedited whereas the Region 2 DVDs had some edits done. Does anyone know if this is true or not?
I started buying the UK Region 2 DVDs recently but if they are edited I will buy no more!

I expect that our editions are edited, yes. 2entertain are offence-avoidance Nazis. Whether the American releases are in-tact or not, I don't know. I would suspect that they may be, but am not certain. Please do let me know if you find anything out!

Thanks for the reply.

There must be a way of finding out for sure! In the meantime I will steer clear of Are You Being Served? (like I did with Only Fools and Horses).

You'd need to find a superfan I think - or at least someone with a lot of time and resources on their hands!

What's this lot then?

http://tinyurl.com/39eomt5

That's the American box set.

Quote: Aaron @ August 7 2010, 12:22 AM BST

That's the American box set.

Yes, yes, stone me, I know that but is pukka? i.e. right order, cuts? etc.

I'm not aware of any major issues with it. I think you can assume that it may be cut slightly differently from our broadcasts, but then 2 Entertain are not exactly scissor-shy. In short though, not worth it.

Quote: Aaron @ August 7 2010, 12:59 AM BST

I'm not aware of any major issues with it. I think you can assume that it may be cut slightly differently from our broadcasts, but then 2 Entertain are not exactly scissor-shy. In short though, not worth it.

Just as well as I can't afford it !

:P

I just added all 14 DVDs to my Netflix queue. Let me know if there are any specific things you'd like me to check once I have them in hand.

Can I ask about the Are You Being Served? - The Complete Package DVD. That hasn't got Grace and Favour I know but what about the movie? And what are the extras?

There's no indication that it includes the film, and as it wasn't a BBC production is quite unlikely anyway. 'Extras', according to 2 Entertain, are Christmas specials and scene selection.

Thanks Aaron. Is Grace and Favour available on DVD itself and if it is not is there any plans to bring it out?

Only in America (Amazon). No UK release has been announced, but I would be surprised if it isn't released now that AYBS? itself is complete.

Quote: Aaron @ September 10 2010, 12:13 PM BST

Only in America (Amazon). No UK release has been announced, but I would be surprised if it isn't released now that AYBS? itself is complete.

Grace and Favour has also been released in Oz for about a year as a two-DVD set, priced cheaper than each AYBS series.