Frankie Howerd show?

Not sure if this is the right place for this thread as I am new to the forums but anyhow.
Can anybody help me with this?

Between the Howerd Crowd (1952) and Up Pompeii (1969), this series was pure Frankie Howerd- Self-deprecating, charming and 'shocked" at the audience's willingness to find innuendo in his words. This classic episode finds Frankie visiting a lonely hearts agency (run by John Le Mesurier) to find a suitable partner (June Whitfield).

All I know is this is an episode from 1966 and I saw it on a Golden Years of Tv Comedy VHS. I enjoyed this very much and wonder if you have any info on it. For example:
What is the series called?
What is the name of the episode?
Is the series available on DVD?
Any other info on the series?

Thank you for your help and I hope somebody knows something about this superb series.
Possnoah ;)

Hi, I'm currently researching a documentary called Don't Mock Francis: The Story of Frankie Howerd so I knew what show you meant straight away. The series was simply called Frankie Howerd and the episode you refer to is the third episode of the second series, broadcast on the 8th March 1966. The series was written by the two finest comedy writers this planet has ever seen, Galton and Simpson. And the show was very much like Hancock's Half Hour but with Frankie being the focus, he even played a character called Francis Howerd. As far as I'm aware the series is not on DVD. Hope that's helped.

The series is not available on DVD, no, however 5 of the 6 episodes from the second series are available if one knows where to look. Sadly, the entire first series is missing. A massive shame as the second is really very funny. A nice mix of stand-up and sitcom-sketch in that typical Frankie style.

Cotter, one of us is going to have to step aside, avatar-wise

What a coincidence: https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000316/frankie_howerd_1948_show_missing_believed_wiped/

(Excuse the shocking factual errors currently present in that article.)

Quote: shaggy292 @ June 2 2010, 4:49 PM BST

Cotter, one of us is going to have to step aside, avatar-wise

I have changed mine to a young go getting comedian.

Quote: James Cotter @ June 3 2010, 11:37 AM BST

I have changed mine to a young go getting comedian.

But what are you trying to do with your hand?

He's trying to go & get it.

Quote: Badge @ June 4 2010, 12:24 AM BST

But what are you trying to do with your hand?

Making a serious point.

thanks for your help everybody.

Quote: possnoah @ June 6 2010, 10:16 AM BST

thanks for your help everybody.

That's okay. Nice to help a fellow fan.